A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Impress.com - Intro - Found it!!!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    To all those people still open to viewing Intros, may i offer:

http://www.impress.com/flash/impressl.swf

The company does not use it anymore, probably because they got the hint that intros were not the 'in' thing any more.

In my opinion, this is still one of the best.
    Its not just some SILLY intro that does nothing to help prime the user, this explains their services. Its more like a motivational commerical

The music score is AWESOME.
    It sets a very subtle mood and makes for the content to be displayed nicely via smooth text effects.

There is NO preloader because it loads as it plays.. I think that is clever. The imagery is nice too.

Enjoy it.

Oh - it is only an SWF file, so ... size your window to about 400 X 600 pixels.

I've always loved that intro. I agree, I think it is one of the best intros out there. It was done by eye4u (http://www.eye4u.com) They're site is pretty cool as well. Wonder when they're gonna update it?

. m . j . o .
    HughesDD you can't compare eye4u's intro with http://www.impress.com/flash/impressl.swf (no dissrespect)
    sure eye4u is better,that's what I think Eyenovation
    visit http://www.eye4u.com

I wasn't trying to compare the two I just wanted to let people know that eye4u created that cool impress intro.

Thumbs up

I don't know about that intro. It was cool, but I think it dragged on a little too long. I guess I'm one for the short, to the point, flashy intros. However, I definately agree that the music score was good. Check out http://www.loungelizard.com really good intro and site.

Skaven
    Kill.

what it needed was a skip button.

i didn't think it was cool at all, very flash 3 looking, i thought we had moved on from that kind of stuff.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Granted - it did not have the latest bells and whistles.. but what it did do - was convey relavent information about the product or service. Also - when the SWF file was in the HTML, there was a skip option.

I did know that eye4u created the site. I was not that impressed with their site after seeing the intro.. but I reckon thats just due to my personl preference.

Large Member
    that impress intro had some of the worst music i've ever heard. i could never stand that "emotional" trance crap.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Originally posted by Jookbox
    that impress intro had some of the worst music i've ever heard. i could never stand that "emotional" trance crap.
    Well - the fact you hate the music style is your opinion.. but, I think you must admit.. it did a good job setting the mood for the intro.

You are never going to please everyone..

i thought that the music made the intro

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Well - I think so..

Zzzzzzz...

I liked it... but it was just way to slow and long!!!

FallOut Boy!!
    I recognize that background sound from the movie zulu..one of the best movies i've ever seen. interesting how they blended that background into it and not over do it at the same time. I remember seing that intro while back. I agree its one of the best ones..thanks for posting it

Mike
    aka
    MikeInk

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Re: Zzzzzzz...

Originally posted by E-GrrrL
    I liked it... but it was just way to slow and long!!!
    Well - dont think of it as an intro.. more like a movie teaser. Dont you guys see.. this is going to be the future of web. Who is going to want to browse through pages of info when they can have it displayed in a fantastic fashion.

Web will be like TV in the next 5 years..
    MARK MY WORDS.