A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chromeless window

I was just wonering what kind of programing or special factors you need your web host to support with a chromeless window. I've tried several different host and none of them seam to work with it. If you know of any could you please help me out. Thanks, oh yeah and if you know of any free ones those are better, thanks.

If you are using the chromeless window from http://www.microbians.com/ then all you should need is a server that handles javascript. My website is at brinkster.com and I use chromeless windows without a bit of trouble. So try using brinkster, if that doesn't work, e-mail me and I'll look over your code.

Jabberwock
    "Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe."
    http://www22.brinkster.com/jmmedia

Excuse my ignorance,but whats a chromeless window ??

Originally posted by Motivated
    Excuse my ignorance,but whats a chromeless window ??
    chromeless window means basicly modified borders or no borders at all in browser window.. This trick works only in IE5+ browsers.. shame though

Smile

Dont you work ??

Thanks for your reply I was just looking for a tutorial on how to do exactly that,best I've found so far is Easy Popup Windows by Phil Shevlin (full screen popup)problem is I dont want a popup window I want my movie to load full screen same as his popup window.

You must spend about as much time on the net as me,sleep interrupts every couple of days.

hehe

well yeah I spent time on the net a lot.. And yeah sleeping makes everything so messy. No clear thoughts at that time hehe..

Which programs you use for doing HTML?
    Just thought about it.. But if you want a good code for the window I can give you one good javascript which I use when I do the chromeless trick.. interested?

Sleep sure gets in the way of a good day.

I've got DreamWeaver but I'm just doing my HTML in note pad,you dont have to tell me I like doing things the hard way (I like writing my own code I learn more,must admit not looking forward to learning MySQL next ) I'm teaching myself everything and dont have anyone over here I can call in on for help and what I'm working on in Flash is not going on the net.If you have something for full window I would really appreciate it,I already copied your HTML from the last file you sent,it worked great ! ,I dont want any scroll bars as my program runs inside an interface.

Still got my email ?

Thanks for all your help today.

thanks

I'll send you my code becasue i've tried and my sister has tried to do it, with geocities, hypermart, anglefire, and the list just goes on. When i get home ill send it, thanks
    0-60

Have you tried F2S.com ???

Sleep sure gets in the way of a good day.

I've got DreamWeaver but I'm just doing my HTML in note pad,you dont have to tell me I like doing things the hard way (I like writing my own code I learn more,must admit not looking forward to learning MySQL next ) I'm teaching myself everything and dont have anyone over here I can call in on for help and what I'm working on in Flash is not going on the net.If you have something for full window I would really appreciate it,I already copied your HTML from the last file you sent,it worked great ! ,I dont want any scroll bars as my program runs inside an interface.

Still got my email ?

Thanks for all your help today.
    I got your mail in my work place.. Sooo I'll send you some files tomorrow :]

Guess I should explain.
    I haven't finished my program and haven't published it yet,but as it looks like Flash wont give me what I'm looking for (full window) then I don't see much point in not doing the HTML myself as I'm going to have to adjust it anyway,anything wrong with this theory ?
    You dont know where I can get something to edit my sound file do you (before I import them to Flash)
    Looking forward to your code.
    Have a good day

hey there,

You dont know where I can get something to edit my sound file do you (before I import them to Flash)
    Looking forward to your code.
    Have a good day
    what type of sound editing you're gonna do? edit whole song or just some sounds.. or need some converting tool?

anyway i'll send you some crhomeless window code when i get my work done here..

so be back in few hours ..

I want to chop up a couple of songs and just use bits of them.I believe you can use mp3's ?

I want to chop up a couple of songs and just use bits of them.I believe you can use mp3's ?
    yeah you can use mp3's with flash 5..
    to get some software for doing that.. hmm that's a harder one.

I use myslef the Sound Forge / Acid / Reason to edit sounds or make the sounds..

yo,

motivated

i sent you the chromeless files just few mins ago

Many many thank you's.
    I'll let you know how it goes.

ok the chromeless window from their site doesnt seem to work but i downloaded it somewhere else and now it works.

Problem number 2: How the heck do i get 1 chromeless window to open up another and have the old one stay open. Do i change the java script or something. I'm going to give that a shot but if you know how to do it i would appericate it thanks,
    0-60

-

put the same script as you have in the link to the body tag exept change the onClick <-- whatever to OnLoad

ok thanks for that i tried it b4 and it worked.

Now i have another problem how do i open up a page that i want to be chromless with a flash button, i tried getURL and that didn't work, i know i need to put the code in the heading, but i don't know how to do it with flash???.

If you could help me i would appericate it,
    thanks 0-60

anyone know how to do this?