A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash movie saved as a Video CD

Does anyone know how to save a flash movie as a high resolution quicktime movie that can be burned as a Video CD? I've tried to export as quicktime and drop into Toast titanium to burn as a VCD but keep getting error messages that there is not video or audio channels.
    The movie will be played on a DVD projector. I've done it from Director but not Flash.
    Cheryl

Cheryl

I think the best way to get any kind of predictable results onto video from flash is use a scan converter. A little peice of hardware that plugs into your VGA port usually and into a VCR. Basically it records what you see on your monitor to video. You will need to set your monitor resolution to 640x480 (as this is the resolution tv/video most commonly plays and records at) and set your flash player to full screen (keep it nice and clean for the video).

Obviously you don't want the flash movie to bog down (as the video will record it doing so) so do this output on the fastest computer you have.

It is an unfortunate workaround, everytime flash is updated it seems so is quick time. We are always one step behind,, if ya know what i mean. It would be really cool if flash could export to video consistently, including embeded movie clips and complex action scripts as I do a lot of my asset creation for After Effects in flash and it becomes a total pain to deal with.

As for your errors in toast, I'm not sure about that. I believe - and I could be wrong - that video cd format needs MPEG1 video as source. You may need to encode it as such first. Unless Toast does that for you.

Let me know how you get on as I am curious as how to create VCDs myself. If you find a better solution, please also let me know

good luck
    Adam