dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DEFRAG Restrictions in SWiSH v2.0 ???

Hey Gang -

I've missed the Forum...only here a few times in the last 5 months due to a myriad of other stuff.

David Petley almost caused me to soil myself when he informed me that v2.0 was finally out

So after a tedious download (at 24KB), I started the install with eager anticipation and then... WHAM!!!

I normally don't read install instructions, but saw something about excluding some SWiSH files from the DEFRAG process. What's this all about. I put on the brakes. As far as I can determine, I DON'T HAVE ANY CAPABILITY OF DOING THIS with the system defragger.

WHAT NOW??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?

Tnx.

--- flash777 ---

UNified
    http://www.swishzone.com/help/defrag...n_problems.htm Read this thread at Swishzone. I defrag with the Windows system defrag with no worries. jofta

Does anyone know why the Windows 9x defragger does not corrupt the Swish v2.0 files, whereas one must tinker with property settings in other defrag applications?

SAFE to DEFRAG with Windows ME Defragger?

2 DEFRAG questions of interest to many Swishers...

Q1 -- Can I DEFRAG my Hard Disk safely under Win ME, using the standard defragger that came with Win ME?
    (i.e.: without screwing my Swish 2 registration?)

I have a Windows ME machine from DELL.
    (This Win ME defragger does NOT allow you to specify that certain files should not be defragged).

When I start the defragger (which came std., pre-installed from DELL under Windows ME), it reads:

[INTEL OPTIMIZER] - INTEL APPLICATION LAUNCH ACCELERATOR.

If I click [Settings], a radio button has the option to:

(X) Rearrange program files so that my progs start faster

Q2 -- Can I leave the above radio button SELECTED?
    Hey! I would want my progs to start faster,
    as part of the Defrag process.

Thanks for any tested feedback on this!
    BTW: I did not see this Win ME defragger described in the Swish Defrag instructions thread. That's why I'm asking...

RAY

UNified
    Ray, ive just bumped the "official" defrag thread onto page one. To date Ive not heard of any probs with WME however read that thread as well. Especially any comments from Roger Onslow re "moving files".
    Jofta