A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash for Film or Broadcast?

Is it possible to export Flash animations for use in film or broadcast? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

I know this doesn't answer your question but I saw the same graphics and Flash from the Lasikplus website in their tv commercial. just thought that was cool and relevant to your question if it was more of a theory based inquiry.

The Minister of No Crap

Yes it is possilbe. Flash has the option to export as a .mov. This can be used for film and/or broadcast.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com

Red face Oh Yes

Yes you can. It helps though if you creat everything in the main movie not in seperate movies. Then export as a jpeg sequence and burn them to disk. Go to your local production house and have them dumped to sp or digital beta tape. Or if you want to do it on the cheap, Use a firewire and digital pro camera. Dump it yourself and bobs your uncle. Ive been doing this since flash 3.0

we have used it in intros for streaming video that we play over our intranet. also, it seems like i see real quick flash snipets on mtv and other channels...it's hard to fake that flashy vector look...

Bullseyeart is advertising something they call broadcast flash. It looks like it might be a device to render a FLA to a video format. Maybe like a PAR.

see http://www.bullseyeart.com

- Tony

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

The direct answer to your question is yes. In addition, Flash can be used to create animated textures and VFX in many 3D software packages that can be output for use in film or broadcast. This is more general-purpose than simply exporting a flat, 2D animation to a digital video format. It also allows you to use a better-quality renderer to handle the resolutions required for film. I spoke on this topic at the Promax/BDA conference in June. If you're not familiar with Promax, think of it as the 'FlashForward' for the broadcast video community.

Check out Flickerlab's site for more info.

http://www.flickerlab.com

Harold Moss from FlickerLab was also a speaker in the same session. He does this stuff on a regular basis and there is some good information on his site.

have fun!

flash for film/broadcast

Hello Pros -

I have been messing around with exporting QT .mov's from flash and haven't had any luck in getting them to be viewable in an AVID digital video editing system.

Do any of you have direct experience with this specific issue, or have any suggestions?

I will try doing the JPG export, maybe that will work - but it seems like the .mov should work - also I was looking to talk with someone who knows about what the export settings (I've been trying different ones but don't know what they actually do) do (i.e. the alpha export, layer export options, etc.

Any advice is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Donny

The Matrix has you
    2112 F/X

Quicktime is track-based. It is possible that the export of your Flash movie contains only a Flash track. Exporting from the MAC version of Flash is clean. If you're using the PC version, you might want to check the tracks in QT Pro. I often create a background video and import that QT into Flash and place it on the bottom layer. This allows mixing of vector and raster graphics before exporting to video. It also forces the PC version of Flash to export QT's with a video track.

good luck!