A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: passwords and layouts

An idea that MAY work?

Is there a way...since swish doesnt have variables...to have buttons that you can press on in a certain order to load a web page?

oh yeah and why does the stupid layout window always stay on top i want it to go in the bground just like swish1.51 so i can switch back and forth cause my swf's are big sized

UNified
    Heres an older thread on keypads and passwords.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=175538

Also..that "stupid layout" screen can be set up however you like it, even just the same as 1.5 play with it.
    jofta

FK's Fnortner
    John .. the links to that password swi and swf are no longer valid. I have that swi tho.

Dale

UNified
    Yep, it was a long long time ago..

FK's Fnortner
    Here's the swi for a password thing. The current password is 3309 followed by the enter key. Pick the swi apart to see how to create a new password.

http://www.gatorzcafe.com/password1.swi

304 kb not zipped

Dale

Ok, I just downloaded the password .swi.

I didn't look at the guts of the timeline, but I'm trying to determine--based purely on my eyes--whether I'm close.
    Mind telling me if I'm warm?

By pushing ONLY the correct buttons (in sequence) can the user advance past the predetermined STOP actions...

what I don't get is how the ENTER button functions in two different ways: if the wrong keys are entered (or no keys at all) then ENTER would prompt the "password failed" text, but if the right keys are entered in sequence, then a different action enables the user to move on.

Call me dumb, but can you have two totally different type of "ON PRESS" actions for the same button?

FK's Fnortner
    Hi rvalenti.

Look behind the keyboard panel AND the keys. (hide from view by clicking on the 'eyes' in the Outline panel) You will see, what appears to be, eleven gray hot spots. In the number 3 position, there are 3 hotspots stacked on top of each other. In positions 9, 0, and 'enter' there are 2 hot spots each ... stacked on top of each other. The other positions contain only one hot spot with the exception of the 'clear' button.

If you unstack the hot spots and give them a different color, then run the movie, you should be able to understand how it works. Also keep an eye on your Actions panel as you play the movie.

Dale

Thanks so much for the info, I really like this piece and am planning on taking off with this concept.

There's much more to this SWI than meets the eye!

I just hope nobody rips my finished SWI (when I make it) and cracks my password.

Thanks again.