A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Invisible textfields???

Cool

Oh where, oh where have all of my textfields dissapeared to, oh where, oh where can they be???
    Some computers, some browsers, some of the time.
    Killing me!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Your text field have vanished due to the lack of the Flash 4 Plug-in on peoples machines. If they have flash3 it will still play but things that are not supported will just not show up. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Thanks for the quick answer, but....
    I thought that was the case and so had someone download the new IE 5.0 which is supposed to include the Flash 4.0 plugin and nothing happened. The situation emained untenable.
    Is there some methodology to help the browser with such limitations?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

There are so many different versions of browsers with various plugins in them. I would just point them to the autoinstall at www.macromedia.com Untill they install from the mothership you wont know if that was the problem or not. Regards, Bill

------------------

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Smile

I am currently encountering the same problem, but how can i force people to use the Flash4-plugin when they can also see the website with the version3-plugin? Most users won´t even know which version they have. Any ideas?

------------------
    welcome@konrad-haenel.de

The only thing that I've been able to decide is that my site needs a static HTML index.html page that will instruct viewers that they MUST have the latest plugin and give them a link.
    Are you experiencing a loss of quality resulting from the lack of new plugin too?

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

If you go to http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/index.html

you will find a tut on how to detect a flash 4. plugin. Regards, Bill

------------------

Thumbs up

Thanks very much, that link was just what I was looking for!

Ciao,
    Konrad

------------------
    welcome@konrad-haenel.de