A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader Question...

I have this preloader that I want to preload just the next frame, instead of the whole movie. I'm pretty sure its preloading the whole movie, can someone tell me what to change to get it to preload just certain scenes?

This is the actionscript on the 2nd frame of the main timeline:

if (_root.getBytesLoaded() != _root.getBytesTotal()) {
    gotoAndPlay (1);
    }

This is the actionscript on the Loadbar MC:

setProperty (this, _xscale, (_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal())*100);

Thanks for any help... LukeA

you can use the _framesloaded property to ascertain whether a particular frame has loaded as opposed to checking whether the whole movie has loaded.

But is there anything i can edit on that script to make it load just certain scenes? Cause that preloader has a bar on it that goes across as its loading, so i wanted to keep that on there. I thought the "root" in this:
    _root.getBytesTotal

meant like the main frame, or first scene or something. Any one else have any ideas?

is there a certain object on that frame that is the majority of the "size" in that frame> If so maybe you can use mc.getBytesLoaded instead of getting the bytes from the root. Its just a thought, no promises.

-dan

Would that same concept work for a scene. Like i could just put scene.getBytesLoaded ?

Or is there any other codes anyone knows about to get a bar preloader to preload certain scenes, instead of the whole movie?

Thanks, LukeA