A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: linking to footer

I've read and followed the instructions. I'm at a lost, I think I followed the instructions correctly but I can't post my footer. I created the file in flash and published it. I used HomeSite editor to enter the code:

[swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFDDBB"]http://modog.xnapster.com/index.swf [/swf (which is actually indes.html, I'm thinking that the .swf file is accomplaining it, correct. I'm confused.)

But the footer never shows up, Please help.

Would some please rely with step by step instructions on how you upload your footer. Thanks. (I'VE DONE THE WORK, I JUST WANT TO UPLOAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by Lmoore
    I've read and followed the instructions. I'm at a lost, I think I followed the instructions correctly but I can't post my footer. I created the file in flash and published it. I used HomeSite editor to enter the code:

[swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFDDBB"]http://modog.xnapster.com/index.swf [/swf (which is actually indes.html, I'm thinking that the .swf file is accomplaining it, correct. I'm confused.)

Would some please rely with step by step instructions on how you upload your footer. Thanks. (I'VE DONE THE WORK, I JUST WANT TO UPLOAD IT!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Your nearly there. If the name of your FlashFooter is "index.swf" then it should work. You can create a new directory if you like and just place the "SWF" file in it, nothing else is needed. Just make sure the server is working properly.

You left out the last bracket "]" at the top, is that the problem or just a typo ?

Hope this helps.

It should work. I checked the path to the footer and it seemed OK. You may want to check:
    The code is typed in the signature box in your FlashKit profile (not sure why you need Homesite editor).
    Make sure "Show Signature" (in options under the text of your post) is clicked.
    -Brian

Thanks guy, that worked fine and you can see.

Originally posted by TheBritt
    Originally posted by Lmoore

Your nearly there. If the name of your FlashFooter is "index.swf" then it should work. You can create a new directory if you like and just place the "SWF" file in it, nothing else is needed. Just make sure the server is working properly.

You left out the last bracket "]" at the top, is that the problem or just a typo ?

Hope this helps.