A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: OK, I'm stumped. Any ideas?

I find that with the latest release I can no longer see sprites as I edit them. I can't see where they are to move them into place. The only way is to play the movie while I edit, and even that is very limited as you can't see anything behind it. I'ts imposible to place things you cant see. Any thoughts or am I just doing something wrong.

The sprites are within a sprite but I could see them before. The show icon when editing is unchecked which used to show the sprite in the main scene when you clicked on it.

Thanks in advance
    TC

UNified
    Sintz heres a thread that may help...note also the link that Lisa provides within this thread.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=191169
    Hint...use the Advanced Search facility at the top of the page..type in key Word select Swish as the forum and it sometimes brings up a pretty quick answer...sometimes )
    jofta

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    I'll pass this on to Hung-Hsin .. This is an area he is working on.

Originally posted by SINTZ
    I find that with the latest release I can no longer see sprites as I edit them. I can't see where they are to move them into place. The only way is to play the movie while I edit, and even that is very limited as you can't see anything behind it. I'ts imposible to place things you cant see. Any thoughts or am I just doing something wrong.

The sprites are within a sprite but I could see them before. The show icon when editing is unchecked which used to show the sprite in the main scene when you clicked on it.

Thanks in advance
    TC
    Please send the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au

Cheers

Thanks Roger and Jofta. I broke out the sprites into images and got some of it to display, but I don't think I should have had to break out sprites and groups just to display them on the scene. Maybe it is a bug?

Hung-Hsin, I sent you the original .swi that displays nothing on the scene. Hope you can find whatever it is, I sure couldnt.

Cheers
    TC

Originally posted by SINTZ
    Thanks Roger and Jofta. I broke out the sprites into images and got some of it to display, but I don't think I should have had to break out sprites and groups just to display them on the scene. Maybe it is a bug?

Hung-Hsin, I sent you the original .swi that displays nothing on the scene. Hope you can find whatever it is, I sure couldnt.

Cheers
    TC
    In order to improve the rendering speed, Swish2 only displays the 1st frame of the sprite when the sprite is closed. Obviously, the 1st frame of the sprite is empty.