A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does aol read flash .swf's differently than explorer or navigator?

I built a site at home and it looks perfect and loads exactly how I need it to. I have aol at work and one of my .swf's never loads when I go to the site? Anyone have any clue?

from what i know

From what I know Aol uses explorer but you just don't see it, same with Compuserve. Their browser's are explorer based. As for NS I have no idea. Maybe it is because when you built it at home your cache already has your swf and at work it takes some time for it to load, I'm not sure.
    Then again I'm no computer genius LOL.

i would think its the cache thing, how big is your swf? if you post your site, i'll check it out. don't yall think its funny that aol uses microsoft for the browser when they are 1. teamed with netscape and 2. aol's biggest rival is MSN?

All I know is when I check the site from home everything is fine. When I go to work and check it on aol my preloader "sticks" (it doesn't automatically go to the beginning of the site when the whole thing loads) You have to press "refresh" and then it works and one of my .swf's doesn't load. It is the biggest .swf on the whole site, but it loads at home fine???? I know a lot of people use aol and I just want it to look the same using all browsers.

Oh ya...I cleared my cache too and it still loaded fine at home.