A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Html link to swf file problem

Well, I´ve made a button on a html page that links to a swf file with the behaviour - on mouse down/open browser window. If I preview it in the browser (dreamweaver -preview in browser) everything works fine but when all the files are uploaded to my server and I open my url adress and click on my button (that I made in html) he gives me the seperate window for the swf file but he gives me also the message that he can´t download the file and he opens it in the same html page,everything is uploaded to the server so that´not the problem. I hope someone can help me!

Cheers

Sounds like your using IE 5.5 or higher without the update. IE tries to download SWFS not embeded in HTMLs. Also IE 6.0 does away with NS Plug-Ins.

This is okay becuase it has the Object Tag that forces the machine to play the content with the exact specified Player that the web designer has designated in the Object Tag- This stinks for Users who are using QT as their Defualt Flash handler as it will force users to have and play the SWF in the Flash Player.

Smile

It´s finally working, my html page had some codes that my server couldn´t understand. I´ve put all my files in a new directory and it´s ok now.