A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some kind of approved chat room for SWiSH users?

Sometimes I think It'd be good to have a live chat with other swish people to share ideas, test sites etc. I saw someone set up a hotmail chat room, but when I went there no-one was there.

I propose we try and get our own IRC channel somewhere (quakenet #swish?) and a bot to keep it open.

Anyone else think It'd be a good addition to the community? Post any ideas here and maybe we can get something sorted.

Hehehe..It's me TnT.
    Well sorry about no one being in the chat room at msn server cause msn been down lately with there chat rooms alot of script kiddies messed up and it was the same time around i was gettin more ppl in there until one day they crash my puter. yea i think it's a very lovely idea i will go in favor with u also Jerry T,Candence and other ppl of this swish forum has been to my room and was helping each other out less than 1,2,3 few members got help..see what u could do budy i'll try and help..

Cheers..~TnT~

Here's this about that,,,

Both Brettski and Ziggy have chat rooms on there sites.
    problem is no one ever uses them.
    Granted ziggy's site is currently down whilst he is upgrading his forum this is a major overhaul.
    http://swishtips.com
    As for Brettski's Site http://swishspot.com
    it recieves less attention then it deserves. A nice feature of both of these chat programs is that it doesn't matter whether you are an aol,icq,yahoo messenger or what ever they work and are not influenced by cracker scripts.
    Still as I said no one uses them. as we all have different agenda's time schedules etc.

[Edited by Frets on 08-27-2001 at 12:19 AM]

Ill be setting up a universal chat channel on quakenet if anyone wants be be operator contact me and we need a bot so everyone pull together to make this happen!

mIRC info:
    server: irc.quakenet.eu.org
    port: 6667
    room: #swish

Great Idea but as Frets said, we all have different agenda's time schedules etc. SWiSHspot has an instant messaging service that allows you to contact another active user, you simply check active users then send them an instant message to meet in the chat, this is about the best way this will work. (SMS Text is a great way to arrange chat meetings)
    We have used the chat for real time business meetings but even still it was hard to sync everyone together.
    Hence the popularity of Bulletin Boards such as this!
    You have good intentions by trying to bring people together to help each other so don't give up, it may just work!!!!

Keep on SWiSHin

Cheers Brettski....
    P.S.
    Thanx Frets..
    We put a lot of work into SWiSHspot and there is just about always someone there or on their way!!!
    http://www.swishspot.com

FK's Fnortner
    I don't have ICQ, so I don't know anything about it and I can't make comparisons ... but I AM familiar with what I do have, and that's AOL's Instant Messenger (AIM). I am on it (under a different screen name) ALL the time. I find it quite useful.

I can understand the feelings some of you might have regarding AOL as a 'hole' and tend to agree. However AIM is separate from AOL. You don't even need to have AOL to have and use AIM ... but you do need to have an AOL screen name. AIM has a Buddy Chat feature that lets several buddies chat to each other like a chat room. I've only used it a couple of times but it worked just fine. Real easy to configure. There's no need to go to someone's site at http://www.thisandthat.com and then click the link to go to the chat page. No need to have a separate browser open just so you can chat with someone. The chatroom is always there, so to speak.

What are YOUR feelings about AIM? Just don't laugh and point at me ... ok?

Dale

Well there's a server onchat i been there a few times it has both comic chat and text a little fast for slow pc soo if u guys really want to try it i'll put it up but just one thing it don't have hosting soo we can't filter the room from hacking users and bad behavior and other stuff soo am no sure well deltawolf said he going try a server so am just going to wait online and try what comes i already sent him a mail asking if he could make me host well keep this thread alive we do need a chat client for this forum badly..

P.S:Hmm David M should get a chat room for http://www.swishzone.com it might be much easyer.

Cheers,~TnT~