dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any ideas?

resolved

Hey, Jared here @ dyjytyl.com and I just don't know if the drop down menu looks right. I'm missing something, and I just am not very creative right now. Can anyone suggest something? I can't even make the drop down menu draggable or center it or anything, it's all JavaScript and I've been playing with the navigation and if there's any ideas for the general layout and such let me know please. I'm open to all ideas and all suggestions are taken into serious consideration

In fact, the layout you're looking at now is only there because some people didn't like the old one so I started over from scratch

Again, I'd appreciate your input!

-Jared Tame
    dyjytyl.com webmaster
    AIM: JaredTame

Looks good to me. But I wouldn't put the nav-bar... well, were it is now. It looks like an error in your script or something (I'm talking about the extreme left-alignment). Or make sure you have some other elements that stick out the same way the nav-bar does.

Ooh, and maybe you could add some color...

Just kidding, just kidding... (about the color part ) I know you've had that discussion already, didn't you?

-Mettes

You see that's just the thing. It varies with different resolutions. I can just now conclude that you have a 1024x768 resolution when you say it's over by the left. For 800x600 people, it's on the right, and so on. Anything below or above those two are not even inside that table.

And since this javascript is independent, it SHOULD be draggable, but that also makes another thing bad about it being independent. You can't insert small space images to get it to center or something. It would only go under that, it woulnd't affect it in any way.

I'd still like more people to let me know how I could improve it. Please don't comment on the theme being black and dark text, I've had plenty of discussion about that and I've already decided it's going to stay like that, but I'm always looking for ways to improve it - but not actually change the theme and dark appearance. I'd appreciate that.

Thanks!

-Jared Tame
    dyjytyl.com webmaster
    AIM: JaredTame