A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I have a big problem making a pyramid in swift3d i need help urgently!!

Hi:

My problem with swift3d is that i cannot create a pyramid with a square base just like the ones in Egypt the only things that i have created similar to this are two:
    the cone (native from swift3d) and a triangule that i imported as .ai and then extruded in swift3d.

i also tried to use adobe dimensions to create the piramid and the imported to swift, but the truth is that in dimensions i couldn´t create it very well.

thanks in advance for your answers

I haven't tried this, but I would import my .ai files (one triangle and one square) and set each piece by hand (duplicate the triangle and do your math to get the square). It's a tedious process, but it should work.

Hope this helps.

thanks very much

thank you for your response i really apprecitte it

Smile Pyramid model

softweranis,

Hows it going? I am a new member of the Electric Rain team here to help.

The two best ways to get a pyramid in Swift 3D are importing a pyramid model or using the method manual method Wheels refers to in his reply. They both work but importing the pyramid from a 3D modeler will save some time. Here is a link to a .3ds pyramid for you to use:

http://www.erain.com/boards/pyramid.3ds

Just download the model and import it in Swift 3D. I hope this works out for you. Version 2 will make these problems disapear. Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

-cubedflash

Create 3D Flash!

Re: Pyramid model

dear cubedflash:

thanks for your support and for your time taken to help me out. the problem is solved and it came really nice check it out at http://www.enigma.com.mx

thanks again to you and everybody who care to help me out

good luck and happy downloads

your friend softweranis

softweranis,

Checked out your work. Cool stuff. How long have you been working on that piece?

-cubedflash
    erain

Create 3D Flash!

looks good enigma. But it ran really really slow on my machine. 500+ celeron, t1, 396 ram

Sorry, I know this is too late to help you softweranis but there is a VERY easy way of creating a pyramid in Swift3D (version 2 anyway). The process is described in the user manual under the lathe section I believe:

1) Use the lathe to create a cone approximating the dimensions you wish for your pyramid.

2) In the scene editor select your newly created object, bring up the lathe properties, and set "Radial Segments" to 4.

That's it, you're through! A perfect pyramid every time. The only disadvantage I can see to this method is you couldn't apply different materials to the sides but that's about it.

Hope this helps somebody out there.

Mike
    aka EtherGnat

WOW

Real nice. One of the best sites I've seen of late.

Music was good too. I didn't get sick of it after 3.2 seconds.

Ran really slow on my work PC, however

Can't wait to take a look at home on my mac

Real nice work...