dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animation job

I'm looking for someone to create a short flash animation that I can use for marketing purposes. It needs to be humourous, clean and professional. While I'm looking for animation, three similar samples are on my site at http://www.acutemultimedia.com.au/fun.htm Please snd a brief resume or sample of work to richard@acutemultimedia.com.au. Only proven skilled people to submit please. I will negotiate final payment with succesful candidate and pay through paypal or the like.
    Richard.
    [Edited by mg33 on 08-29-2001 at 12:04 PM]

the page isnt working correctly, so we can't know what you want.

page not working

The address is correct and the page is OK, but when you click on them, as you say, you get an error. Please type the url into your browser.
    Sorry
    Richard.

Ambassador of Style
    It's because there is a "period" after the htm in your URL link (that is part of the href). Fix that bad-boy!

-A02

From what I see of your examples, you are not looking for animations--your looking for video clips. And, jeeeese those things are huge for someone on a dialup. Find a filmmaker and present them as streaming media. This sort of thing does not translate well to Flash.

You misunderstand my requirements. The main point of the video clips are that they are funny, intriguing and promotional. I'm looking for people to achieve something similar with Flash animations. Examples that pop into mind include fight.swf, and happy hour.exe Cartoonjoe.com has a bunch of similar work. These are all carton type.

Richard.

Can you be more specific as to what kind of animation you're looking for? I can see that the movies you mention are humorous and, in two cases, are commercials that use humour to sell a product - so I would assume you want someone who can do an animation in flash that also has a good sense of humour, etc..

There are probably more than a few people here that could provide what you're looking for (including me), but perhaps if you gave some more details as to what you want you'd get more feedback. (i.e. let's say you want a funny animation that shows how much better a flash page is compared to an html page, to promote the fact that you can do flash sites while most of your local competition is still doing html only pages). Additionally, you might want to post this question in the 'Art & Anime' forum too, where I see a lot of cartoon and animation flashers post.

I'll keep an eye out to see if you post back with some more details.

Good luck,

-Steve