A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help?! -Lining up graphics between sceens... :(

I think I have a simple problem...but it's exceedingly frustrating--I have a logo that will finish in one sceen, and then (immediately after) start at the same place in the next scene. The guides disappear when I go to the next scene, and the copy-paste in place command doesn't work. It could take hours to manually line up the graphics because my animations are all movie symbols and I can't flip back-and-forth without testing the entire movie...Please help?

well what you can do is remember where you placed the guides or the ruler green lines write the coordinates down go to the next page, put the guides up and the select the snap-to-objects option under > view the grab your logo and place it over where the guides are and it should snap into place...i have done this many times and it saves a lot of actionscripting...this is what happens when you "snap it into place...the edges of the logo or object will turn pink and make sure all edges are exactly into place becaus eit will not just go into where you want it like a windows solitairre game....hope this helps...psycho

hit ctrl-alt-i to open the info panel, click the info tab, click the graphic you want to align to, note the x and y positions, goto the next scene, click on your graphic, change the x and y positions to what the first was and your graphic is now exactly aligned.