Hi, as a relative newcomer to Flash( excellent prog.) I have been amused, puzzled, and finally irritated to hell and back by trying to place objects in a fixed location in a flash movie.
This is how the story goes, and please try to stick with me since this isn't my first time trying to explain this to folks, and they don't understand what I am trying to say .
I have made a flash movie and embedded in my HTML in the correct fashion. I then added a frameset so that the swf would be displayed at 100% of the screen size. Fine so far. I then wanted to make a background for the movie, and drew a large circle of which only part appeared on the stage to give a curved line filled with a different colour. This looked fine in Flash, but when I resize the browser window, I find that the circle jumps 'into' the window a lot more so I can see a lot more of it, and it looks like i just drew a circle.
The same thing happens if I align text to the left or right hand side of the stage in flash. When I export the flash movie I find that the text is not aligned to the left or right of the browser window, and as I resize the window to various sizes the text, or object moves further from the side towards the center of the window.
Is this the way it is, or am I doing something wrong. If it is me that is messing up, could someone let me know how to go about making my browser page look the same as the movie I build on the stage.

Thanks for reading this big ol' message, and any help would be appreciated.

JD (jdk@popmail.com)