A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A problem with 3.0...

Smile

I just updated to the newer version but for some reason everytime I go to export a file, it crashes on me. I get that the program is not responding, it freezes and have to manually shut down or I get an fatal error.

I don't know if its just me but it's happened everytime.

Can ya help?

Thanks

We recieved some reports that version 3.0 was unstable on some computers - so we've released version 3.01.

Please email support@insanetools.com if you have any problems with 3.01. We will release new versions daily until all problems are solved.

Thanks

Originally posted by RobStewart
    We recieved some reports that version 3.0 was unstable on some computers - so we've released version 3.01.

Please email support@insanetools.com if you have any problems with 3.01. We will release new versions daily until all problems are solved.

Thanks

I went to the site, downloaded 3.02. But when I run the program setup it still says 3.0 .

Is this the correct one?

Thanks.

I would assume it's a different one, as 3.0 and 3.01 where both crashing on me, and this one seems to be running pretty stable right now(so far).

-Jason

mmm....

Originally posted by zoranvedek
    I would assume it's a different one, as 3.0 and 3.01 where both crashing on me, and this one seems to be running pretty stable right now(so far).

-Jason
    For some reason, now I can export, but when I review in both IE and Netscape the special effects aren't working. I was just trying it out with some of th Wave techniques etc and it doesn't do it at all.

Any suggestions? I have the newest flash player..

Thanks
    ~Karen

Our tests show that all of our transitions export properly. If you have an example of any feature that does not work properly in 3.02, then please provide us with a sample by emailing it to support@insanetools.com.

If you do send us an example of a bug, then please cut the example down to the bare minimum needed to show the bug. And include any bitmaps or sounds used in the example, preferably the other files should work in the same directory as the movie file.

If you make it easy for us to run the movie and see the bug, then we can have it fixed immediately and a new version released within a day or two. We'll keep releasing updates until the entire program works perfectly.

Should we first UNinstall previous version?

The new versions are appearing rather frequently.
    That's good.

Now for the Questions:
    ---------------------

Q1) When Installing a new version (say: 3.04) -

Should we:

(a) First UNinstall the previous version? (ie: 3.03)

-OR-

(b) Simply install the latest version ON TOP
    of the previous version?
    (without UNinstalling the old version)

Q2) Also, how can I tell which version I already have?
    (There's no About IFA option in the menus).

Thanks!