A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ray o' light... erg...

Angry

I've been trying for hours to get this thing to work, i know all it is, is a bunch of motion tweens and such... but i'm having trouble with the basic part with making the light! you have to gradient the background... which flash doesn't like...
    blah, anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

------------------
    - <A HREF="mailto:Agent-5G@arc-network.com[/email]
    -gknight@kear.net
    -Andyjo@tds.net">Agent-5G@arc-network.com
    -gknight@kear.net
    -[email]Andyjo@tds.net</A>

Thumbs up

Hi I'll send you one i made.
    It is not as good as the one you can download from here but it might help you a little.

How i learned was starting out with just 5 letters.

I'll e-mail you.

Red face

I tried making one last night with 9 letters.
    I'm doing ok with the creation of the light streams themselves, but I can't get the motion tween to work right.
    They don't flow the way I've seen others do them.
    Is everyone using a motion or a shape tween?
    Motion tweens look bad, but the shape tween is worse still. How do you create the center point for the start of the ray so that it doesn't shift around and look like crap?

Talking

I'd like to know that too...
    how do we make it!?!?
    Someone help us!!

------------------
    - <A HREF="mailto:Agent-5G@arc-network.com[/email]
    -gknight@kear.net
    -Andyjo@tds.net">Agent-5G@arc-network.com
    -gknight@kear.net
    -[email]Andyjo@tds.net</A>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Heres how I do it. Type out the word or words you want. Center it. Now break them up so they are now curves. Make a keyframe for each letter. Now put the verticle line where the light is to end inplace for each letter in the frame of that letter. Now in a new layer make the angle line by starting in the center and going out to the far line (letter number 1) copy the line and paste it into place and flip it verticle. Move it is symetical to the other line. Now cut them and paste into the frames with the letters. When you get to the point where they need to turn right just paste and flip them. Now you just deleat the unwanted parts in each letters frame. Fill it with the gradient. Hit f8 on each letter and make it a graphic then f8 again to make it a movie clip. Now just make the animation in the movie clip for each ray of light. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Wink

and I bet you wrote that in one breath, too, PdF! haha

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000302.swf" quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=80 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

No I took two.. he he he. Sorry I was just in a hurry to get it on the board. Nature was calling. Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.