A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mouseover rotating object

Question

I'm a new flash user and learning rapidly...but.....I have a soccer ball, defined as a button symbol.....I've had no problems with links, sounds etc....but I'd like to have the ball rotate on mouseover.....I've seen this effect several times but the movies I've downloaded are far too complicated for me to dissect out this simple effect...thanks in advance....Don

Smile

Make a new movie clip of the rotating ball effect you wish to have on the roll-over. Then in your button symbol, put this movie into the "Over" keyframe.

If you make the original soccer ball a normal graphic symbol you can use it for the movie clip and put it in the "Up" state too!

Easy

-- Leto
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000302.swf" quality=high WIDTH=400 HEIGHT=80 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Just go to the "over" state of the button. Make a keyframe in the over state (if you already dont) not just pick the soccer ball with the picker tool. Hit the f8 key and when the dialog box appears click "movie" now double click on the soccer ball in the "over"state of the button and you will go to a new timeline. pick the ball again with the picker tool. hit f8 and make it a graphic. now go 30 frames and make a keyframe. Now go to the first frame and make a motion tween. ( double click on the frame and when the dialog box opens select the tween tab. Now add a new layer go to frame 29 and add a keyframe in that frame put an action that says to goto frame 1 and play. This will make the animation loop smoothly vs having a jump in it. Now just test the movie. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>