A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: >>>>> SWiSH V2 build 2001.09.01 available

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

hey guys

It's not as if every program is perfect, never mind the operating systems

(Except of course for my completely stable win 2000 system. ah NO!, what's that blue screen doi....

Automatic email for new updates?

I don't care if there are new updates every day, as long as they fix bugs and are improvements over previous versions. However, I would like to be notified via an email whenever a new patch is available, let's say once a week (not every single time a new one is made). That way I would not have to keep looking at this thread to see when the next one is out. Is that possible? THX.

I fall into the group that appreciates the quick turnaround on known problems. My work with Swish is trivial compared to some of the creative folks on this forum. I expect many of them are pushing the program towards its limits. It takes a tremendous effort to stay on top of all the problems. Thank you Hung-Hsin and all the folks at Swish.
    -Brian

Keep the Updates Coming!!!

Keep the updates coming!! I'm happy with the release of v.2 and totally satisfied with the quick responses to bug fixes in the form of updates. It just keeps getting better!! Thanks SwishZone.

I like the daily updates..but i wish where was one pixel at a time moving with the arrow buttons like in swish 1.52

Originally posted by Sapphire Design
    I know, I've updated this thing so many times I've lost track.

Swish2 was released way too early....it isn't ready.

I think they opened a can of worms with all of they pre-release hype, and them felt pressured to get something out. IMO this is still very much in beta stage,

When will this software *really* be ready for *final* release?

Sorry, but Swish2 *Would* be a fantastic product *if* there were not *so many* issues with it. It's getting really annoying.

My advice for you is to go back to 1.52 and let us all who are enjoying the hell out of exporting our V2 files do it. We begged for months for a release...we got it and couldnt be happier.

You come back to V2 and start using it when its up to your standards. Problem solved

Originally posted by deltawolf
    i wish where was one pixel at a time moving with the arrow buttons like in swish 1.52

There is. once in the object move mode, use the arrows to move 1 pixel. Using ctrl arrow will move it in 10 pixel increments.

Just a suggestion!

It might not be a bad idea to have an archive of past releases available for DL under the most current release on SWiSHzone.com?
    I'm not sure but I think the 08/08 release is the most stable so far?
    I lost my SWiSH in a crash last week & my email I registered under is down temp. So I'm SWiSHless at the moment & unable to get a new key...I'll re-install in a couple days & get back to work on it!
    Just an idea?
    Cheers...ziggy

Originally posted by Xcel

I think they opened a can of worms with all of they pre-release hype, and them felt pressured to get something out. IMO this is still very much in beta stage,

Sorry, but Swish2 *Would* be a fantastic product *if* there were not *so many* issues with it. It's getting really annoying.

My advice for you is to go back to 1.52 and let us all who are enjoying the hell out of exporting our V2 files do it. We begged for months for a release...we got it and couldnt be happier.

You come back to V2 and start using it when its up to your standards. Problem solved
    be nice

anyways i personally feel that the 09.01 update is the 'best' so far.

upgrades are fine!

Hey, Swish is great! I'd rather upgrade twice a day than wait until it's "right." I've been involved in software for over 20 years--it is NEVER "right!"<g> Always improving, in the meantime--get some work done with what ya got.

--Ralph

Originally posted by Porsche
    Originally posted by Xcel

be nice

anyways i personally feel that the 09.01 update is the 'best' so far.
    I thought that WAS nice. I dont mean to be mean at all...just matter of fact. If you dont like it dont use it until it catches up with your standards. It will soon be much better than it is. Until it gets there do not open it. Me personally I cant stop opening it and using it even when i dont have anything to do. I love it even though it is not perfect to me.

Oh well...I guess my opinion sounded mean but you wil get my V2 by prying it out of my cold dead hands.

UNified
    Thread closed as 2001/9/02 has been released and posted.
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=199720
    jofta