A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ideas for game?

Any1 have any ideas for a game?

You cant seriously expect some serious replies to that post....

What kind of game? RGP, shoot `em up, puzzle? Do you want to make it with someone, or do you want someone to give you an idea?

Details help you know!

I was hoping to do iot with someone else. I don't care what kind of game.

I suggest looking at other games--Flash games as well as old arcade and video games. Then take a basic idea and add a twist, or expand the idea.

For instance, several months ago, Mad Sci had been working on a snake game and posted links to it in its various stages of development.

I thought it was a great idea--it's a fun game, and it's quite workable in Flash. But I didn't want to do exactly the same thing as Mad Sci was doing. So I started thinking, what if the snake actually looked like a snake instead of just a chain of blocks? And what if he ate a little mouse instead of just another block? And what if there were other things like frogs and birds moving around that he could eat, too?

So I made that game. It's something that on one level is not original at all--snake games have been done by lots of people. But on another level, it's very original--I've never seen it done quite like this before. (You can see it at http://www.FrothWorks.com if you're interested.)

if you are going to make a game, make on that hasnt been done b4, or hasnt been done b5 well. there are many game genres that can be made in flash, but arnt common, and are relatively easy to make. these include:

fishing games

trading/economics games

flight sim games (sim games in general)

dont make games that have been done before well, as it becomes hard to make your game stand out to ppl other than you. so dont make a "startDrag, lock mouse to center" shooting game, as cutie quake will always be a lot better.

so there you go- ideas for a game.

if you do by chance come up with a really cool original idea, i would like 2 help you make your game, and i am sure that a few others might want 2 also

I havent seen many turn-based strategy games in flash. Maybe something like Risk.Or chess, but with some kind of twist. Or simCity (i think some1 did something similar) It's possible cuz turn it wont be processor intensive, just takes more coding.