A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I manipulate the size of a HTML window.

How do you manipulate the size of a html window? like the little pop up that come up now and then. (I don't want to know how to do a pop up!). For example, http://www.harveybrothers.com opens in javascript but I cannot enter the title in the window because there is no HTML. Can i do the same as that is a HTML window and how? Cheers.

There have been numerous threads on this subject, suggest you do a search of the archives

There have been numerous threads on this subject, suggest you do a search of the archives use keywords popup windows

I'm not sure what your question is. You want to know how to manipulate the size of a popup, but you don't want to know how to do a popup. Is that right??? If you mean that you know how to do a popup, but don't know how to assign width and height parameters to it, look at this example:
    <script>
    <!--
    function newwin() {
    open('promo.html','','width=300,height=150,left=23 5,top=20')
    }
    //-->
    </script>

(The above goes in the "head" section of the HTML doc)

In addition to the above, you just add an event handler to the body of your page, like this:

<a href="#" onClick="newwin()">Your Link Goes Here</a>

This will open a new window, 300px X 150px, 235 px from the left (X), and 20 px from the top (Y). Just adjust the values to suit your needs. The center ,'', is for a window name, if you want to call (target) it by name. You can also add variable for scrollbars, menubar, status bar, location, etc.

James

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

As far as the title of the popup, It's the same as an normal html document.

<Title> Blah Blah</Title>

Just edit the title of the html document you want to pop up

Mike

The question is a little confusing...but I gather you want to title the popup?

I'm assuming right now your popup is only the .swf, so its not possible...you'd need to make a HTML page to title it. To do so, make the HTML page, with the .swf embedded, and in your referring page,enter the url to that HTML page for the javascript popup link. The popup window size may have to be adjusted...do so in the javascript on the referring page. If the .swf is the only content to the popup HTML, it should fit in a nearly same size popup window as what you have now.

Unfortunately, it seems you have exceeded your bandwidth allowance, I wasn't able to look at it.