A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My new splash page (comments plz)

well im working on my new project and heres the splash screen tell me what u think

http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/s/t/storres8/

I think thats really cool look'n. I like your flash footer as well, its very cool!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Footer is awesome.. the splash..
    Well - it seemed too busy with the text on it.
    Just my 98 cents less than a dollar.

Looks good. But it's indeed to busy and the text isn't realy clear. You could make the background image a bit lighter.

Also, ditch the barcode. It's a bit old and not realy original anymore...

But I do like it. Keep it up...

-Mettes

Excellent. You are one of the best...

I like it but the background get a bit anoying, I imagine that it's even more difficult for those with bad sight...Well just my 2 cents and thoughts

I dont like it too much and try to keep the bad words out of your projects...

have fun

Originally posted by DESDESIGNS
    I dont like it too much and try to keep the bad words out of your projects...

have fun
    bad words?

as a rule of thumb...which no one follows anyway...I think Good music, Good Design, Good art is ruined when swear words, and any such slanderous words are put to it...even if it is replaced with a bleep or the *'s or .'s, it just degrades it. Sorry, had to say that. Other than that...it'd fine, I think. As some ppl have commented before..it does look a bit too 'busy' for lack of a better word.
    You might want to add a layer on top of that, fill it with white, then decrease the opacity of that layer to about 60-75...this way, you can still see it, but you can also read the words a bit more clearly.

I think I've overstayed my welcome...but it could just be me

i've never heard that rule before... i guess the content of the creative piece should really be up to the creator and what he/she is trying to get across. If you can't like a piece of design/music/art because it contains a swear word... sorry.

Hi,

I like that style you got going there.
    Never mind the swearwords... This kicks ASS

Alltough I would let teh image fade out at the bottom or give it some sort of opacity change.
    Now it looks too repetitive on a large screen. (21' 1600x1200)

keep it up

Sense

Check mine here:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=208818

Ambassador of Style
    S'ok. The lack of and vivid color or true contrasts left with me kind of an anemic feeling towards it. The text also gets lost within the clutter of the background and should probably have some buffer from the left edge.

In all honesty I'm not all that impressed with it for some reason. It might also be due to the fact that it's the same BG image tiled vertically, thus making the true design area about 300 x 200 or something.

Consider making a complete image that fills the space organically - and working on putting more focus to the text elements by making the font itself more prominent or working the background to support the text - not distract and clutter the viewers eye away from it.

Just some ideas.

-A02

Thanx alot guys for the replies they are truly appreciated..all the comments im taking then very seriously, and they all taking a part on the building of Core Elevation. Again thanx for ur comments, back to the developing of the core..