A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML search engine

I was wondering if someone could modify this

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Scrip...93/index.shtml

so that you can link a page to the result?

Like when you move your mouse over cats you could click it and load cats.html

anyone?

Well I know it can be done. But I don't have the time at the moment to pull apart the particular code you are looking at.

However you can have a look at my latest news tutorial which has a very similar feature:

http://www.tupps.com/flash/latestNewsTutorial.html

thanks

Luke

I read your tutorial, It's a little over my head at the moment. I was wondering what code I need to add to get this result. When You type in black in the search box it finds the topic BLACK with a description highlighting the workds black

What I need to do is instead of the big black word BLACK turning grey on mouseover I need to be able to specify a link for it to goto when clicked.

when you get the time or if anyone can figure out what to add to It I would appreciate it.

Thanks

From the tutorial:

All of the actual work occurs in the LatestNews movie clip. The rest of the scene is just a nice border and some text. The LatestNews clip has the following layers:

* HitButton -- This is a transparent button layered over the entire clip. When the user clicks on the button, they are taken to the URL defined by HitURL
    * Sliding Bar -- This clip has no coding, just the animation that causes the text to appear.
    * Text -- This clip contains the text that contains the latest news item. It is also responsible for loading the latest news data from the XML file.

Grab the zip files and have a look at the layers and you will see how the hitbutton stuff works.

Thanks

Luke