dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Flash Animator 3.06

Version 3.06 is now available. It can be downloaded from our website at http://www.InsaneTools.com

The interface is now faster and uses less memory.

The most recent releases feature improved 3D including exporting as vectors. There are now more transitions - such as 3D fade - and check out the 'whirlwind'.

The animation bug is fixed. The "where's my animation?" bug is fixed. The crashing bug should be fixed. This one will not crash on export (fingers crossed). Please send any new bug reports to support@InsaneTools.com

Thanks for your support,
    Rob

Rob,
    I've been using the latest version(3.061) for 2 days now, and haven't had a problem one. Great job on reducing the memory usage, it runs much smoother and faster than any version yet.

If you're open to suggestions, is there anyway to add a 'perspective' tool for the next release? Either to the image editor, or to the tool bar. It would come in incredibly handy in alot of situations where the sheer tool just won't suffice.

Again,
    GREAT JOB!!!
    -Jason

Unfortunately, the 2D vector transforms inside flash dont support perspective. Otherwise 3D effects would be easy to achieve in flash.

Some times even Insane Tools has to work within the limitations of Macromedia's Flash.

Thats really odd, considering the mathmatics involved with sheering an object are really the same as applying perspective, except with perspective, either the right and left, or the top and bottom, instead of maintaining an equal relationship, simply take on an equal but opposite relationship. To put it even more simply, one side gets sheered in the opposite direction.

I may have to go bug Macromedia about this one, as it seems like someone over there has overlooked the obvious on this one, but then again, I'm no mathematician.

-Jason

Maya * ActionScript Addict DangerAhead's Avatar
    yeah.

has anyone seen the samples at http://www.insanetools.com ?

they're pretty lame. I hope they're trying to sell the product with these samples. they'll be hurting fer sure.

Sure we need new samples. Most of the samples there are 9 months old - when the software was in its infancy.

The Insaneroids sample is sensational and represents one of the smoothest Flash action games on the net.

Over the next week, we'll be launching a competition for our users to create their best animations to be included in our new gallery.

And over the next month we'll be showing off all of new features with a new batch of high quality samples.

Rome wasnt built in a day.