A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: banners?

how do i make one of my movies a banner????? should i link it in my site like a you do for images ex: <a href="http://mysite.com"><embed src="banner.swf"></a> should i do it like the example? if not, TELL ME!!!

3D Addict

Argh no

Nope, that won't work because the "a href" tag won't apply to what's inside the flash area because it's flash controlling it (am confusing but reply is "no that won't work" heh)

What i'd tell you is you make a layer in top of everything in your movie, you draw a rectangle longer and wider than the movie's size (don't worry), and you convert it into a button.

Then "edit in place" that button symbol (right-click on it>>edit in place), and put the rectangle color with a color that is with "alpha 0%" (so it will be transparent)

Come back in the movie and edit properties of that same button (right click on it>>properties), go to the actions tab, and dunno for flash 5, but at least for 4, in the menu (the "+"), find the "on mouse event" line, so you add it and checks the "press" option box, then in the menu again, find the "getUrl" and put there the url you want the banner to go at when you click on it.

Then all you need is the "embed" tag you wanted to use, no need of the "a href" one.

Hope it helped !

Smile

o ya......so basically i just make the movie as a button. thanx

Re: Argh no

Another way (and an easier way) to make a transparent button for this purpose, would be to create your button but only in include the hit area in the hit frame of the button. This will give you a transparent button. hope this helps.
    pat