A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Curved Text

Is there a way to make text follow a curved path? or is there a way to transform the shape of a text box so that it is not rectangular?

Lightbulb

using a motion guide.

each letter will have to be a separate symbol. place these on their own layers with a motion guide layer at the top. design your path in the motion layer and snap the symbols onto it. then do all the motion tweening.

Hope that helps

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000010.swf" quality=high WIDTH=360 HEIGHT=40 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Or you could make one text box set as a variable put that into a movie clip of its own. Put that movie clip on the motion guide and duplicate the movie and set the kern just like a mouse trailer. To get the text to break up just parse it out. All the code should be availible in the movie section. You just have to frankinstine it together. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

DAMN!! I was hoping for, "DUMMY! You just click this and drag that!"

Screw it. Adobe Illustrator here I come!!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Fredlee,
    If you are talking about just putting text on a curve then yes Illistrator, Corel Draw,or Freehand is the quick and easy way. Just remember to save it as a ai file Flash cant see the corel or oddly freehand files. When people post questions like that most of us think in terms of animation. If you have questions in the future and its about a static type situation make sure you say that so people can give you the right answer quick. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Cool

I don't know an eaasy way in Flash....but....there is a photographics (Extensis) plugin for PS 5 which makes pathed and circular text dirt easy! Then bring the text into Flash

yes, i DID mean a static image. i don't know illustator at all but am starting to get the hang of flash so i thought that there might be an easy way to do it.

anyways, thanks for the response and the clarification.

fred