A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I have a problem...

Yep.
    Umm... I have a problem. It's a certain person's signature on here saying Jews suck. Now, personally, I'm not jewish, but I really don't think it's appropriate. I don't complain much, but this caught my attention today. I think that it should be removed.

yes I have seen this too just now! this is very appauling (sp?). If i were a jew I would be extremely angry. I am with the idea to either remove his footer or cancel this persons membership overall!!!

Josh Dura

Sad. Very sad. Moderators?

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Did someone get his/her name or how the footer looks like ?

Yep.
    Yes, it's that guy Amir. It's not a footer, just a signature saying "Jews Suck". That's all, but it's very offensive.

yeah it is that amir guy. it is just a text footer. not a flash footer.

Josh Dura

Please cancel his membership!
    Those people are making me sick!!!

Diaper Changer

Amir!!!

As I recall... this is my 1rd time since yesterday I've had to complain about this guy...

The Internet is a revolution but I'm just sorry there isn't certain things you simply just can't do I've thought about a few I would do to give this freak to behave.

But what we should really do is ignore him. He's the kind that is looking for attention and the best thing to do is to ignore his posts... it will increase after a time but once we ignore him he WILL stop one day.

Share the P P P P PEACE !!!

Beyond the Sea

well...

it's all well and good to ignore aberrant behavior, and I'm ok with ignoring a bit of flaming, but racial slurs have no place here at Flashkit. This is not a forum on religious debate. This is not a haven for flame wars, and I would hate to see it become such. Other boards have let things like this slide, and they've deteriorated into swear-fests and childish flaming.

I stand by Mark's policy of 0 tolerance for flaming and rude behavior. I don't know if he should be banned, but he should change his footer, it IS offensive.

Rich

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    Both Admins are notified by mail .
    [Edited by GmF on 08-29-2000 at 03:05 PM]

Diaper Changer

Re: well...

Originally posted by Kraken
    it's all well and good to ignore aberrant behavior, and I'm ok with ignoring a bit of flaming, but racial slurs have no place here at Flashkit. This is not a forum on religious debate. This is not a haven for flame wars, and I would hate to see it become such. Other boards have let things like this slide, and they've deteriorated into swear-fests and childish flaming.

I stand by Mark's policy of 0 tolerance for flaming and rude behavior. I don't know if he should be banned, but he should change his footer, it IS offensive.

Rich
    I I captain... I fully support this...

P P P P PEACE and forever PEACE !!!

well i'm jewish and even worth i'm from israel.
    but i don't relly give a f*** about this jerk.
    ever since he came here, he spamed the board, and made evrybody pissed on him.
    i'm sure he'll keep on making this stupied things, and evantually he'll just fade away.
    leave him alone, don't play with him in his stuiped game.

I actually reported this earlier today. I also find this offensive and I Was verbally abused by Amir for complaining about his spamming last night.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

just to let you know

When you have problems like this that need to be taken care of during USA Business hours you can contact me and I will remove it from the boards, I can moderate in all forums. Regards, Bill

i have to say that i am shocked to find someone who can make a statement like this.. i have to say that ZERO tolerance is the only answer, if we do nothing about it it is as good as agreeing with him.

racism is the stupidest thing i can thing of, there is no reason to hate a whole ethnic group!! Racists are just bigoted morons. It's like hating people that eat peanut butter, why not be so random??

morons.

can you tell us that he has been banned??? there's no reason for leniency (sp?) here, anyone who would make a statement as blatant as this and expect no retribution doesn't deserve to be part of a community such as this.

THAT footer....

Hi all,

So has THAT footer been removed yet?!

Or more appropriately, has Amir been removed yet?!

Intolerant people don't deserve our attention people. I really hope no-one has been offended by this damaging remark.

cheers
    Crispey

While I have no time for censorship in any way shape or form I do feel that, as far as our community is concerned, it is important that bigotry is not allowed to raise its ugly head. Amir is out of order & should be asked to remove the offending text immediately. He is arrogant to think that he has any right whatsoever to inflict his opinions upon anyone else.

check here http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...p?postid=94696 for a moderators response...