A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question about text justify...

Hello, I'm trying to do an intro to a site that is text intensive and cannot find the justify text button. Does Swish have one?, and if not, why not? I know I can just put each line in a seperate text instance and then use the kerning tool, but with the effects I'm thinking about using, it would be alot easier if it was all one group of text. Is there a way to group seperate lines of text together and then tell it to do a specific effect?

I guess this is also a post to ask if the Swish developers can include that option (justify text) in the next version.

Thx for any help.

UNified
    I'M assuming you have v.2.
    For a text block go to modify<> Left>center<>right Bold<> Italic.

If you want to place individual words or letters go to the text box, transform tab and you can select to have your alignments points at center, left centre, left top etc etc etc. You can adjust by fractions of a pixel
    You also have a grid and a ruler option.

Jofta

Text can be left, center or right justified - the selection is made in the text box. AFAIK you cannot have full justification (left and right ends of line aligned vertically).

If I understand the second part of your question correctly you could group all of the text lines as a group and apply the effect to the group.

Cheers,

Flick

Sorry about that, I forgot to state that I do in fact have V.2.

I guess I'll just kern them and then group them together. But yes, what I was refering to was full justification (left and right sides even). With how powerful this app is, it amazes me you can't "full justify" text with a simple click in the text options.

Thx for the quick reply guys, much appreciated.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    I've just added full text justification to SWiSH in response to your question .. it works well .. it should be in the next update Build of SWiSH.

I'm not sure when we will put up the next update .. I want to get the some more performance changes in place first.

Here is a little example of what to expect (I'm a tease, aren't I):
    [swf width="200" height="160" background="#FFFFFF"]http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~roger_onslow/Full-Justify.swf[/swf]

UNified
    Well done, it was a post on the first WISH LIST. Look forward to it.

Rock On!

Wow, you guys don't mess around do ya lol. Thx alot, I'm looking forward to that update!

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Rock On!

Originally posted by Xandur
    Wow, you guys don't mess around do ya lol. Thx alot, I'm looking forward to that update!
    Thanks .. we aim to please. That's one of the good things about working with a small, dedicated and enthusiastic group of programmer rather than a big corporation.

Re: Re: Rock On!

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    Originally posted by Xandur
    Thanks .. we aim to please. That's one of the good things about working with a small, dedicated and enthusiastic group of programmer rather than a big corporation.
    i second that my friend was saying that flash was better than swish because it costs ALOT more, and is produced by a well-known company rather than a starving group of programmers, which is a rather narrow point of view
    [Edited by Porsche on 09-06-2001 at 06:14 AM]

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    I'm not starving .. why, I had a meal only last week