A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source Code for FLASHKITS Audio Meeter ?

Cool Source Code for FLASHKITS Audio Meter ?

I have noticed that there are no scripts in the movies section of Flashkit or even tutorials on making a audio meter like the ones you see playing in Flashkits Sound FX database.

So these questions are for mainly Flaskit:

Is that really ActionScript in the Flashkit sound players?
    If so can we get a copy of it or similar copy(freeware)?

Regards,
    [Edited by Marker on 09-08-2001 at 03:49 PM]

Cool LIVE AUDIO METER PLEASE

I am also looking to find how to create the live audio meter used in Flashkit's preview console.

If you manage to find out how this was done, I would be glad if you could inform me.

I have submitted a request also.

Thanks

Madina

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Thanks GmF and Madina!

Hey Thanks GmF for the information.

I think the Swift-Mp3 is more on the edge of what I need.
    Unfortunately I really need code in the form of ActionScript, so at least I can get an idea how to write it.
    This is helpful and maybe I could look to another programming language it is written in and then convert it for ActionScript.

The loading gage meeter helps a bit. I think the other flash movie is just a regular animation.

I basically want a Audio Spectrum Meter that changes and responds to different audio sounds and tracks.

Madina thanks for posting the same question, It helps if more than one is seeking the same answer. Hope it helped you out.

Regards,

Cool Re: Thanks GmF and Madina!

If any of you guys have a PC you can retrieve the .swf used for sounds preview console using SWF SCANNER.

It will retrieve actionscripts, images and sounds. Its fu@*%ng useful tool.

If the LIVE audio meter is created using actionscript this will be the best way to crack it.

Copy the .swf from your temporary files folder in your browser settings. I Think!

I have a mac. Otherwise I would find out myself, Not only that I'm not to keen on looking at that action script gobble de gook.

Heres a link for the 20 day demo version scanner.
    If you have any problems. Try searching for "swf scanner" in a search engine.

http://www.kablammo.com/Graphics_and...8895.1409.html

Keep in touch I'ma still a huntin for the audio meter to
    D D D D Die for.

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    I like to make my own scripts and i dont like that anyone else have a little tiny look at them

AUDIO METER AUDIO METER AUDIO METER

A little selfish I think!

The world would be a better place if people were willing to share there knowledge.

every script that exists has been taken and adapted from a previous version. DO Not think that you have created a script
    that is original or unique MR GMF.

Anywayz lets not bicker and argue I am sure that I will find a live audio meter.

The link you gave me before does not seem to work as the preview console. I think they have used three different movies for each track. However I will have a closer look at that movie and find out for sure.

Take care ov youselves and each other.

Lightbulb

Thanks for the info on the "SWF SCANNER" madina!

I think that's a great tool to have for Flash, especially for the price.

I seeeeeeeeeeeee ActionScript!!!

Even better is "SWF Protect" for Free!
    http://www.livetronix.com/products/protect.php

All though I think if anyone in the Flash community knows this, they should be willing to share this information.

My purpose is to design from it my own custom script and Audio Meter. Then give a copy of it back to the Flash community here at Flashkit so others won't have to drive themselves crazy trying to write the script.

Hopefully anyone else reading this post would like to help out. Reply here.

Thanks anyways

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    madina, i understand your point and i agree that the palce would be a better place if every person down here could share what they had in mind. And this site is just for that , sharing info knowledge and some fun in the Lounge.

What i ment was that i make my own scripts and the ones i like to share , i share with you guys here . Some scripts and files a unique and not for public use .

Sorry , but i dont like tools like the one you posted.

Take care

This might help !

This is the Flashtrack player thread, as close as we get.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...threadid=77440

Here is a link to the Flashtrack player downloads.

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Third...ks/index.shtml

I advise reading this thread. It is a great thread.

Regards,

Arrow Would this help

Not sure if this is what you are after check out my site if you need the fla on the player let me know I will try and find out where I got it
    http://www.cycloidsounds.com

Re: Source Code for FLASHKITS Audio Meter ?

Well I'm in a real pinch!...I have a client who saw this effect and wants it in there Virtual Tour.
    I would greatly appreciate some input and direction here.
    I informed the client that it looks like I'll have to do some fakery here because no one is telling just how it is done.....the client replied...."well that’s all the more reason not to use FLASH and would rather have PowerPoint."

I told the client It seems that nobody is going to even attempt to shed a little enlightenment on the big DATA.SWF Secret to FLASHKITS Audio Meter I've Read up to 30 or more replies and plea bargains for help...only to find that its just one big RIDDLE OF THE SPHYNX type of syndrome.

so here is my attempt at the data.fla AND if someone could
    solve what i am doing wrong i would greatly appreciate it and prove the FLASH nay Sayers WRONG.
    DATA.FLA ACTION SCRIPT

Frame1
    Set Variable: "load" = "no"

Frame 2
    If Frame Is Loaded(7)
    Go to and Stop(3)
    End Frame Loaded

Frame 3
    Go to and Play(1)

Frame 4
    Set Variable: "data" = "0102030405060708"
    Set Variable: "rows" = "137"
    Set Variable: "length" = "6.85714"

Frame 5
    Set Variable: "i" = "0"
    Loop While (i < rows )
    Set Variable: "data" & (i + 1) = SubString(data,(1 + i * 16),"16")
    Set Variable: "i" = (i + 1)
    End Loop
    Set Variable: "fulllen" = Int(length * 1000)
    Set Variable: "step" = fulllen / rows
    Set Variable: "data" = "0"
    Set Variable: "load" = "yes"
    Stop

Frame 6
    Stop

Frame 7
    Stop All Sounds
    Stop

Frame 8
    Stop

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THIS RIDDLER OF RIDDLES

rthomas99@ev1.net
    http://www.websurfercomics.com

It is plain as daylight that the first software development company to see this post or even know of this problem will design a program that makes a live Audio meter sound player. It is in big time demand by reading all these post as well as old ones.

cycloidsounds, thank you for the link. However that is a fake audio meter. Although it is a nice player. Thanks anyways.

RegGFX,

I would tell your client that Flash is much better & powerful than Powerpoint!

AS far as this riddle goes. I have learned that they use a 3rd party program to make the live audio meter data.swf here at Flashkit. It produces the data.swf files.

Well we could simply use Flashkits "Flashtrack" player and be forced to use the files from this site. Of course there is no customizing on the audio part.

ActionScript does not support the objects needed to write this alone, well as far as I can see.

I would imagine c++ or even Pearl might be the solution to this.

Why does'nt Flashkit sell the program that makes the live audio meter and make some real money!

If Flashkit does not, others will very soon.
    It does remain a hush hush.
    A secret like THE RIDDLE OF THE SPHYNX

We will find out soon one way or another.

Best Regards,
    [Edited by Marker on 09-10-2001 at 04:41 PM]

Cool Den The Creator of the AUDIO METER preview console thingy

I have found the creator of this preview console, I think he should put us out of our misery and kindly tell us how he manged it and if he is willing to share it with us.

Here is his email address: den@flashkit.com

I suggest we all send a nice email which says how great he is.

Now hand over the code Den, since i am going mmmmaad iiiinnnnnssaaaane seeeenillle.

Here is the link to the preview console: http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Third...07/index.shtml

Peace to all Madina

Lightbulb LOL Madina !

Very funny what you wrote..hehe

I agree I will write him to.

Anyways God bless the American families and loved ones of the overwhelming tragedy that has happened here in the USA and God bless all and our wonderful Country.

The only way to have world peace is to eliminate the terrorism in this world period.

Best Regards,
    [Edited by Marker on 09-12-2001 at 02:04 PM]

There is a way to fake the same functionality. What there program does is scan a audio file and output the amplitude at x frames per second (whatever the player runs at). The information in the swf probably looks like a ton of frames lasting the length of the loop, each frame passing it's amplitude value back to the EQ drawing routine in the player, which in turn draws out the bars. Until they sell the program to do this, we can approximate the functionality by loading up our wav file into any program that provides you with a visual display of the sound. and every second of the loop write down the amplitude as a value (maybe 0 - 100 depending on your program). This information could be placed in an array in flash or an external text file, along with a routine that stretchs and contracts 8 bars according to the value in the array, which is changed per second, in time with your loop. I haven't had time to put this into an actual SWF, but it seems like a sound and easy to impliment idea. If others think so, maybe we could take a crack at it and have a duplicatable solution for the flash world. Or if anyone knows someone who could write a little Java audio analysis tool.. something that could scan and output amplitude values, then we'd be half way there. look forward to reading some repsonses. l8r

FlashAmp

You guys need FlashAmp, It is designed to do all this and more!

Create lip sync in Flash in seconds with FlashAmp!

And...

• synchronize animations to sound
    • draw sound waveforms
    • draw VU meters
    • use audio cue points in Flash!

http://www.marmalademedia.com.au/flashamp/

Smile Thanks Paul !

Hey Thanks Paul!

This is great news. I new it was a matter of time. Was nice of you to look at this old post and give an answer. Just in time for my new company site project This is a great little program and solves the original limitations. For the price of $30 bucks none of you can complain. Go get it!!!

Mucho thanks Flash God!!

Highest Regards,

Just what the world needs, more worthless flash tools

Streaming audio in flash isn't all that terrific ok, as a matter of fact it sucks. I certainly would not pay a cent for that Flash Amp! (hell, its not even interesting enough to download). This could just as easily be created yourself.

Posted by Marker:
    It is in big time demand
    HaHa. Since when is there a big demand for audio on the web.

Also, haven't you tried decompiling 'swiftmp3' executable. You might find it pretty interesting, but don't tell anyone I said that.

Arrow Audio in demand?

dude this is not about Audio in demand.

I can simply tell anyone of you I have worked with all audio software and the best when it comes to audio is REAL.

If you carefully read this board this is about creating a spectrum equalizer display that responds individually to each different sound track. A live one like Winamp uses. I don't care to stream audio with it. I have small loops.

So thanks for your post anyways and decomp on swiftmp3 exec thats another ballgame. I'm not looking to write an EXE to make this happen. I have enough on my hands trying to develope a corporate Introduction & Flash site.

Regards