A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Source Code for FLASHKITS Audio Meeter ?

You've worked with 'all' audio software huh. In a life time, I couldn't possibly work with 'all' audio software. I'm not doubting you, but it seems a bit doubtfull.

And what is the purpose really of having a 'Spectrum Equalizer' on a website. Chances are, your annoying music loops are just going to get muted in a heart beat anyways.

Besides, its been done I'm sure over a thousand times or so now, and its really not all that spectaclur any more. Music on websites is annoying period. I mean, how many websites do visit often that have annoying loops in the background or awfull streaming music, (with the exception of a users query) Please.

Now I know its just fasinating and very exciting for some to do, but when it all comes down to it, its rather annoying.

Just use Motion Tween, it will save you alot of hassle and perhaps a waste of time.

No discouraging intended in regards to this post.

cre8ive
    Refer to this post for info about flashtrak contents.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=235083

Pertaining to your opinion OkieDokies on flash audio I have to disagree on some points.

I'll admit that the sound quality of flash streaming audio is pooer compared to other forms such as shoutcast, windows media, and real.

However there are benefits to flash.

First if you use 4.0 standard the audience size is over 95%. No other streaming media comes close. Using flash eliminates supoorting multiple formats and the server software licensing fees.

Second the interface is easily customizable and has the potential to have greater interactivity than other players

I'll also agree that adding a graphical eq doesn't add much to most sites. But the same concepts used for graphical equalizers can be adapted to make audio sensative animations.

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    we have a program on our server that takes a file, and generates a text file with all the peak values, we then use swift generator to mix it with the sound file to produce the data,swf file. There is no source as such available since flash cant do this officially, and this is a sneaky workaround.

the players then time the music with the reading of the embedded text data.

Smile

Nice to see your reply Mark!

Just more good proof that the man behind Flashkit still takes time to help out his community.

Thanks for the info. I probably can write a book now on all this great information...hehe!!

Best Regards & Happy Holidays,