A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash email

i am trying to use flash to send an email. should i use PHP or ASP? if any one wants to take the time to explain how to do it. it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    jef

i've been scripting a mime emailer - it sends html as a user option and also has the ability to send an attachment.

http://www.bigjolt.com/mime_emailer/ to try it out.

check the zip box to be sent the source.

cheers
    henry

It's really personal preference as to whether to use perl, php or asp. Choose whichever language your host supports. If your host supports perl then you can use matt wrights' formmail. There are also freeware php and asp scripts that you can use. Take a while to try out some different scripts and find one that works for you. Beware if you are using perl - the script may need variables to be sent in a particular way, either GET or POST. Perl is an old language and was adapted for the web rather written for it. Unless you payed loads for microsoft host, it's probably best to use PHP as unix asp implementations are somewhat sketchy.

Hi,

many of these scripts, including Matt's, are designed for html use, so they send back html thankyou messages as well as html errors. If you want to stay in your movie, you'd better pick a script that sends back a flash response, e.g Netbreed's flashmailer

Musicman

thanks
    jef