A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: animated gif goes black

Ive created a intro movie for my web site.Ive added 4 animated gifs that load immediately and stay animated till you leave the page. I imported them as content and save them a s sprites. The problem is when im editing and previewing the movies it works great, when i close and save then reopen and edit the gifs turn black and you cant see the animation, if I view in the edit mode you can see the pics but when the movie starts they go black. Any suggestions? quigsby

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by quigsby
    Ive created a intro movie for my web site.Ive added 4 animated gifs that load immediately and stay animated till you leave the page. I imported them as content and save them a s sprites. The problem is when im editing and previewing the movies it works great, when i close and save then reopen and edit the gifs turn black and you cant see the animation, if I view in the edit mode you can see the pics but when the movie starts they go black. Any suggestions? quigsby
    Have you updated to the latest build 2001.09.02 .. there are some fixes for GIF files there I think.

If this does not solve your problem, then please send me the SWI (not SWF) file.

roger_onslow@dingoblue.net.au