A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Motion Paths

I have an object following a motion path. When it gets to the end of the path I have another effect. However, the object returns to its original placement and runs the effect there, instead of where it has moved to. Is there a simple way to have an object "stay" at the end of the motion path or do I need to transform it and move it after it runs the path? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

~Joe

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Joe,
    can you post your swi to a server somewhere and give us a URL so we can download and take a look.
    What you're describing shouldn't happen. The motion path is just an easy way of creating a number of move effects and your object should just stay where the last move effect placed it.
    david p.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by olesek
    I have an object following a motion path. When it gets to the end of the path I have another effect. However, the object returns to its original placement and runs the effect there, instead of where it has moved to. Is there a simple way to have an object "stay" at the end of the motion path or do I need to transform it and move it after it runs the path? Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
    First, ensure you have downloaded the latest build 2001.09.02 .. there have been some fixes in this area

Second, check that your second effect has the '[x] continue from previous effect' checked.