A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embedded font not there on other computers

I have some dynamic text fields in my movie which I gave a font of Bank Gothic. I have this font on my PC and checked the Embed Font option in the Character Panel. When I look at the swf on my pc it looks perfect. If I look at the size report generated, I see that the font (all 32K of it) is in the movie.

Yet when I view the swf or html page on another machine that does not have Bank Gothic installed, the text all looks like Ariel. I thought embeding a font would insure that it would display on any machine, whether that machine had the font installed or not. What else do I need to do?

I am having this problem on both static and dynamic fields by the way (Flash 5 if it matters).

Never use font symbol with dynamic field (technical article available on macromedia.com). Otherwise, shared library can be another source of bug. Its the only two thing i can figure out.

hope this help.
    B.

you have to play around with the embed options a bit, my best suggestion is just to go into the help and look under embedding fonts in dynamic feilds. Macromedia will give you a far better run through than I.