A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [b]need some assistance?[/b]

rebmeM roineS
    picture this:
    scene1; 2 layers: first layer 'actions', second layer MC's; now frame 1 holds 'movie' frame 5 holds 'movie02'(actual names of MC's). from inside 'movie02' i have a button that when released should take me out of that movie back to the _root.movie("start");

this works fine but, i need to go to a specified frame label inside that 'movie' that is on the _root, in frame1 (as mentioned above).

summary-
    so on the main timeline, going from frame 5 'movie02' to frame 1 'movie'.

but inside 'movie' to a specified frame label or frame 60 which is the same place.

?
    any questions, just ask.
    zeb00

OK, I'm confused by your description, but here is a possible solution:

Set a variable that tells if you want it to go to frame 60. So before you go out of 'movie02' :

_root.variablename="goto60";

Then, in 'movie' frame 1 put an if statement like this:

if (_root.variablename=="goto60"){
    gotoAndPlay(60);
    }

That's it.

rebmeM roineS
    Originally posted by wskanaan
    OK, I'm confused by your description, but here is a possible solution:

Set a variable that tells if you want it to go to frame 60. So before you go out of 'movie02' :

_root.variablename="goto60";

Then, in 'movie' frame 1 put an if statement like this:

if (_root.variablename=="goto60"){
    gotoAndPlay(60);
    }

That's it.
    very simplified version:
    ok 'movie' and 'movie02' are the same movie symbols duplicated exept for one thing. say your inside 'movie02' you select a button. now this button needs to bring you out of that movie back to the _root. ok so now you back at the root/main movie. you see 2 layers first 'actions' layer, second holds the MC's. frame 1 holds 'movie' movie symbol and frame 5 holds 'movie02' movie symbol.

now once the button was released. i want to basically go into the 'movie' which is on frame one:

here is the code on my button currently

on (release) {
    tellTarget ("_root.gotoAndPlay(1)") {
    gotoAndPlay ("step02");
    }
    }

this code works exept for the 'gotoAndPlay' does not quite work. the 'step02' is the label that i want the playhead to start at(when the button is released). except the playhead only starts at the beginning of that movie, 'movie', not at the frame label 'step02'.i hope this helps this is verbatum what i need to happen.

thx for you assistance
    zeb00
    [Edited by zeb00 on 09-10-2001 at 02:34 PM]

Ok, I am not used to using telltarget and this stuff. i go for the hard way, since it is most like the javascript and other languages I know.

The solution I gave you is how I would do it. Watch out though that since these are two copies of the same clip the code on both buttons will be the same. You may want to make two different clips.

Good luck.