A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A memorial

Don't Lick Jesus on a Stick whiteshadowx's Avatar
    I didnt know what to do with my thoughts tonight, so I created this. May god bless those who are suffering, and may the leaader of this act of utter stupidity burn in hell.

http://www.beyondirc.net/~whiteshadowx/movie.swf

Tragedy

Originally posted by whiteshadowx
    I didnt know what to do with my thoughts tonight, so I created this. May god bless those who are suffering, and may the leaader of this act of utter stupidity burn in hell.

http://www.beyondirc.net/~whiteshadowx/movie.swf
    You may have reacted out of sincere grief, but it is one thing to express those feelings in a personal work, but quite another to publish it as a reaction. There are so many photographs of pain and suffering. We need to work through this grief and pain but we also have to think responsibly about how we react to it. I hope that President Bush will handle this immensely difficult situation with wisdom and calm. We have to bear in mind that the people who organised it intended to cause pain and instil fear and anger. They want a war, they want to see suffering. So we have to stay calm and express our grief and sympathy in a way that will command respect. We must support the victims and work together with calm and control

Certainly everyone has an opinion and has been affected, but as someone who was only a few blocks away from the incident, let me say that at this time anger can be a dangerous emotion spurring rash desicions - I would very much prefer to see a work that pointed out the tremendous bravery and courage of both rescue workers and ordinary people devoting their time and effort to rescue and support.

If you are really moved to action and interested in helping, there is information in my footer about where you can donate to the Red Cross disaster relief fund, donate blood (which is still very much in need), and just hope (and if you are a religious person, pray) for everyone involved.

Thanks.

j00 r teh pwnz0r3d DarkMagicHacker's Avatar
    That movie was pretty evil at the end. I'm american but hate is not gonna help us.

I waited to see if I would calm down. I haven't. I do believe in what you have put in. I really can't believe the complacency on this board. This is the same kind of complancency that allowed World War 2. Go ahead Hitler take the Rhine attack Poland etc. We will stand and watch until you are powerful enough to take Europe. I truely would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. All known terrorists should be eradicated, even if they are not responsible for this attack. This is not just an attack on the US it is attack on all democracy. NATO should retaliate.

My sincere apologies and condolences to all those whom lost someone yetersday. And many thanks to those who put thier lives on the line to save others. I will never give up on the strengh and spirit of humanity.

The suffering need all the support we can muster. They do not need to be concerned with retribution. This was not an attack on those people, though--even though they are suffering from it. It was an attack on America.

America suffers from amnesia. We hear all our lives about how people have fought and died to create and preserve democracy. They are just fairy tales to most. The generations of patriots are almost completely gone. Being politically correct is more important to most than being just. Many talk of willingness to lay down life and limb for this country and many cry for war now--but there are no long lines at the military recruiting offices. Once upon a time, Americans went willingly and NOT QUIETLY to the defense of democracy.

Like it or not the nature of the business at hand is violent. We didn't ask for it, but we cannot run from it. To be gentle now is not the answer. You cannot assume that the people who did this will play fair--obviously---look at what they have done. They must be dealt with harshly. More than gentle words right now, this country needs to stop being Democrats versus Republicans for a while and be Patriotic Americans.

I could go on and on, but let me be clear...I FULLY RESPECT your hopes for peace and dignity...and my heart aches for those suffering right now...but make no mistake--if you are an American, you have been attacked. Do not try to assuage the fire burning in the hearts of those who would fight this. They are the ones who make it possible for you to CHOOSE not to fight this. I am not talking about the smack-talkers. God Bless the warriors who protect our way of life.

Brandon
    VFW, U.S. Army

Don't Lick Jesus on a Stick whiteshadowx's Avatar
    I appreciate all of your replies, and I understand the wish to prevent further violence. Although I see Palestinians cheering at the emense pain of our people, I wish no harm to them. I do not want war, I want justice. I cannot speak for all Americans, but it is my belief that they deserve that much. Whether it be killing the responsible party, or locking them in a dark, dark place for a long time.
    As President Bush said, this is a war of good against evil, and I will not sit complacent while my people are killed. Attacking the Pentagon, while regretable, is understandable, it is a military insitution. The WTC is another matter however. These were civilians, and did not deserve involvment. If it means i myself must take up arms and hunt down the terrorists myself, so be it.
    I have added a list of victims to the presentation, it will be updated as I recieve names. Somehow a local news station got a hold of this and is running it as well. Thank you for your emails and your comments.

Whiteshadowx

I thought it was a good piece of work. Non Americans should understand that there are five stages of grief, and Americans are going through all of these. Anger is the second stage--many of the people that post on Flashkit are young males of military service age, and I think they are entitled to voice their reactions. But, then I am an American and we hold free speech to be one of the highest freedoms available to us. I do not encourage mindless retribution, but as creative artists I think we should view and appreciate the work of fellow contributers for what they are--this was not a senseless call for mindless violence--it was expression of current emotion.