A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is It Worth It To Pay For Site Submission?

I'm guessing no but these companies say you will be entered into over 400 engines. Worth it, or should I just do it for free on some of those others which register you for 20 or so of the majors?

FK Robot Wrangler

it's a waste of money. do it yourself with your favorite search sites.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    if you are willing to pay, then you are better looking at what Google and Yahoo offer for a fee.
    Most search engines seem to use the google engine anyway and you do get good position.
    david p.

Yahoo Submission

Originally posted by Gotha

I'm guessing no but these companies say you will be entered into over 400 engines. Worth it, or should I just do it for free on some of those others which register you for 20 or so of the majors?
    I have recently submitted a business site that I developed to Yahoo using their express submission service. The process took about 9 days for yahoo to review and catagorize the site. Once they had agreed to list the site, the company was put in the top of thier catagory subsection with a "new" gif next to their name. The site was also placed well in the "site matches" in most cases. The site has had weekly increasing visits since then. Of course, it will only stay towards the top of the list if the link is used to enter the site from yahoo. I am sure you're aware of the importance of keywords, too.

I went with yahoo's service ($200.00) because of an industry report stating that somewhere near 80% of US web searches originate with yahoo. I am also placing the site with industry related search engines and resource sites.
    Google is free, but 2 months in, we have not been listed or are searchable. I don't even think their bot has visited yet.Alta vista, ask jeeves, hot bot and similar engines have been similar to google at this point. It pays to pay.

Hope that helps