A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Words to live by

This is from my Brother-In-Law. He rarely ever speaks unless he has something to say. Well I thought his words good enought to pass on.

SINS OF THE FATHER SHALL BE PAID FOR BY THE SON
    September 11, 2001 our nation experienced devastation that we have not seen since 1812. Why did this happen? You can look at action of previous administration for some of these answers. We have continued to reduce the amount of money we spend on defense and intelligence. We have opened our borders and allowed these terrorists to not only exist, but also get flight training from within our nation. On September 11, 2001, our nation paid for the sins of the previous administration.

This is a time for prayer. We need to pray for the victims, the families, and the nation. We need to ask God to give each and everyone the will and strength to carry out the mission that is ahead of us. We need to pray, but we must take action.

This is a defining moment for us as a nation. Are we as strong as our forefathers that fought for the freedom we enjoy? Are we willing to die, if necessary, for the way of life we cherish? Make no mistake about it; the enemies in this war are willing to die. The people on the fourth plane were willing to fight for this nation, knowing that it would mean their life. Those people are true heroes. It is time for our nation to come together as one and do what must be done. Action must be taken and it must send a clear message to the world that the USA will not stand that for someone perpetrating this type of devastation upon us. Japan worried about waking a sleeping giant when they bombed Pearl Harbor. It is time for that giant to rise and bring down a wrath upon these terrorists that the world has never seen. The freedom we enjoy is because our forefathers were brave. Are we brave enough to preserve the freedom? If we cannot, or are unwilling to, do what is necessary, then our children will pay for our sins with their freedom.

We are Americans. We do not, and must not, live in fear.

Ray Taylor
    9/13/01

very poingant, it obviously comes from the heart.

Is it just to treat an unjust man with justice?

I can't remember who said this but I think it is very relevant at this time.

See ya

Definately a heart felt statement, however one sentence does scare the hell out of me....

It is time for that giant to rise and bring down a wrath upon these terrorists that the world has never seen.

Originally posted by liquidizer
    Definately a heart felt statement, however one sentence does scare the hell out of me....

It is time for that giant to rise and bring down a wrath upon these terrorists that the world has never seen.
    The reality is that terrorism may never be completely stopped, but I have a feeling that what the US in conjuction with other allies will do, may stunt it's growth for quite sometime. We will never eliminate terrorism in this world we live in, but it can be deterred. If the giant (which Admiral Yamamoto of the Japenese Naval called the U.S. after bombing Pearl Harbor)does not take action against terrorism, then we are doomed to see further terrorist acts take place. And these acts will not only be against the U.S. but other countries as well. I live in the U.S. and although caught up in the moment of my own countries demise, I would never want to see something of this nature happen in any other country (allie or not). So the wrath will come to those responsible. Understand that the U.S. has some responsibility as well (although hard to admit). We have cut defense budgets, down sized our military, gotten lax on airport security, and the list goes on. We were too comfortable. All of this will change. I hope however it is not at the expense of America's freedom. But if that is the price we must pay to bring justice and restore faith in our safety, then so be it. I am ex-military and put my life on the line in Desert Storm. I am prepared to do it all again if asked. That is the personal price I would pay.

The reality is that terrorism may never be completely stopped, but I have a feeling that what the US in conjuction with other allies will do, may stunt it's growth for quite sometime. We will never eliminate terrorism in this world we live in, but it can be deterred. And these acts will not only be against the U.S. but other countries as well.
    Amen to that...As long as there's a cause, terrorists are going to take birth......I'm an Indian and we have witnessed cross border terrorism for the better part of ten years now ....and what is appaling is the fact that there are people in Afghanistan who know how to fabricate a Kalashnikov on a lathe...but don't know how to write their own names....There is no hatred left now in our hearts....just a weary dismay over what people choose to do in the name of religion....