dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need help fast- making POLL

I need to know how to make a voting poll just like in CGI but with flash. I know it is possible but how...im not as good at flash as you guys so help.Thank you... I also want the poll to keep track of all the votes so when people vote they can see how many people voted for what! Thanks again! Pleas help

Originally posted by Sonix3
    I need to know how to make a voting poll just like in CGI but with flash. I know it is possible but how...im not as good at flash as you guys so help.Thank you... I also want the poll to keep track of all the votes so when people vote they can see how many people voted for what! Thanks again! Pleas help
    Hi there! Unfortunately flash runs client-side, so if you want to keep a record of votes for instance, you are going to have to do some server side, like cgi or java. There are a million and one ways of doing what you are asking, you could make calls to a cgi program from flash using loadVariables, right up to using a XML socket to keep all users updated in real-time I'm sure there will be a tutorial on this site, if not do a search for "calling cgi from flash" on google or something.