dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash for OS X

When is Flash for OS X coming out? Anyone know?

It's out.

http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...latform=MacOSX

And I quote:
    "The Macromedia Flash Player 5 for Mac OS X requires the Mac OS X 10.0.4. operating system from Apple, and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.1 (version 3408). If you do not have this version of the browser or operating system, use the Apple Software Update application within OS X."

Hmmm...

I wonder if perhaps Aelo was referring to when and if anyone knows of a release date for a carbonized version of Flash (the authoring environment) for Mac OS X...

I don't know when this will come out. I haven't even heard any rumors. But one would assume that Macromedia is working on carbonizing most of their products - they are one of the ony "Big" software vendors to have a carbonized application already shipping (Freehand 10).

I do know that when Flash gets carbonized, I will order it the second I can. I have been waiting for something to cure my stability problems with Flash on the Mac for quite some time now. I'm hoping that moving to a more robust OS will be the cure I'm looking for.

Here's to swift carbonization...

Hi,
    Ive somewhere read that Flash6 that will be released next year will be carbonized....

... who knows.

ciao