A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Having Trouble sizing up my web site

Hello,, I am relatively new at web site design. I currently work with Flash, Dreamweaver, And Fireworks and I am pretty fluent with them... The trouble I am having is sizing up the website to fit any size screen... How do te professional site automatically fit in the entire screen on the website without having to scroll...I would appreciate any help I could get,,, Thank You

Create a frameset in html with frames having marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 (and no borders of course), and the frame layout you want. This will give you a frame for your movie and will allow the movie to fit exactly within the frame you specify. In the html file where you embed your swf, set height & width parameters to 100%.

Set the size of your frame in html to the original size of your movie if you want to maintain the original aspect ratio, or make it larger if you want the movie stretched.

The result is the movie will fit the entire frame, and the movie will resize itself dynamically no matter what size the browser window or screen resolution is.

Tim

I'm working on something similar...

I have a page that will resize to any browser size or screen resolution, but when looking at it in a lower res, the text gets so distorted it becomes unreadable. This is really only in the cases of 800x600 and below. I designed the thing in 1280x1024 and I'm regretting it now

Beyond the Sea

get the skinny on browsers from the webmonkey

Check out this article:
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...browser_chart/

for info on what types of browsers support what. And check out this part of the same article:
    http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...html?tw=design

for info on how big you can actually deisgn your page to fit in all browsers.

Rich

Just another view, but I would usually recommend starting a site optimized for 800x600 or 1024x768 (i believe one of these is the most common screen size)and if the viewer has a larger screen or whatever let them resize it themself. It can actually be annoying for a browser to resize itself when you don't want it to (and when it's a slow computer----resizing can really put you in a bad mood when you have to wait for it)

anyways, that's just what I've picked up. Hope that helps