A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pixel art

I know exactly where I want to end up with this, but I don't know exactly where to start...does anyone know of any tutorial sites dedicated to creating pixel art? I have an idea for a killer site and I must incorporate pixel art figures if you will...if someone can help me out, please do. Thank you.

not Pixel art exactly, but there is some cool ASCII art which will be lo- fi related. Do a google search for it I reckon.

power to the pixels!

I dont know of any specific sites, but I can tell you how to get the basic look if you're lucky enough to have something like photoshop..

Change the mode to indexed colour (Image -> Mode -> Indexed Colour)

Pick the smallest brush (1x1 - hence the pixel thing. )

Draw, I guess.

I also tried mucking about with grids and fills in flash for good effect.. the best results I got were from an icon package called Microangelo which exports to gif.

GL with it - make sure you post your results.
    (I left some stuff in the pic exchange, if you want to see me dancing robots )

I know from my days designing on Deluxe Paint on the Amiga (wow) I spent hours and hours anti aliasing all the things I did. Hours of fun.

Obviously, you can also pixelate an image in Photoshop, but that is kind of cheating.

Muhuh.

Deluxe paint *ruled* That and something called QED which I thought was the height of wordprocessing then.

yeah!

there are still things that Deluxe Paint did that Photoshop STILL doesn't do.

So, maybe my advice is to buy a Commadore Amiga!

j

JH: i'd like to know some of these things that photoshop can't do that something on a amiga can.

Human Being

Twilight Zone?

Hehe... I have an amiga... with deluxe paint on it... bwahahahah!

It was realy weird to see this thread. I'm working on making a classic-style flash game (Pixel art) and I'm actually using Deluxe Paint! Not my Amiga version, but a PC one I had sitting around. Go Amiga!!

I'll post it here when I'm done with it.