dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Finally this page is finished

great clean site...

The colors are great, images well selected and blend well...
    Clean + tiny...

Thx,
    the pale E

Klasse design

Ik werk zelf als web designer. Design en navigatie is klasse! Zeker voor het doel. Mocht je de tekst meer leesbaarder willen, kies dan voor device fonts (Verdana). Het font kan dan wel uit je design lopen. Kwestie van proberen.

Wel irritant als dierenartsen zulke sites kunnen maken! :-)Kost klanten.

flashdevil
    I tried to read it (properly because im dutch) and i must say im impressed, u r sure u r just a doctor? this is great, only 1 thing. U can make more use of Flash, more interactivity, more animations etc.
    And your name, rotteveel??? u must feel sorry for yourself with that name! i thought it was a nick-name....sorry..

P.S. Grubbel, this is an international forum, please reply in English, so other people can read it to.

Keep up the good work!

Ziet er goed uit hoor!!

"way too many questions"
    Thanx for all the great feedback!

I think I have a problem...I use the font VERDANA already on my site but it looks a bit crappy....How can this be?

About nteractivity, what kind of stuff do you recommend?

I was thinking about a slide option of the text of you go to the next page. SUggestions?!

Hi joris

Your site is quite fast - I've tried it on different servers and browsers. Well done! Here's also some ideas I've learned whilst uploading web sites over last couple years! (Maybe not everyone agrees with my ideas..) Anyway I'd do the following:

1. Loads of web designers & webmasters are inserting a smaller Verdana font size. Personally I really prefer it. The font looks cooler when it's a bit smaller (see link below).
    2. I'd put a couple of button flags - English, French etc. in your entry. People really appreciate it. If you haven't got time to do the translations yet you can just put in the "Site Under construction" messages. It's just that loads of people who don't understand Dutch will skip your site after a few seconds.
    3. I agree with others - you can use some simple fade in/out effects, keep studying Flash etc. and make the most of its potential. However we don't have to overdo it!! Personally I prefer Flash when it's subtle and clever. It doesn't always have to jump all over the place and explode in your face!!!

Well if you've got any time (or anyone else have a look and give me feedback) can you give me some feedback on the latest site I uploaded. It has the Verdana font size I was talking about and quite a few small Flash animations (particularly please look at "Area de Influencia" link) - tried to do couple of clever things. Well look at all the flash animations if you can (viewing best on 800 x 600). It was one of those jobs where they only give us 5 days to do the job! Ermm, that's why I didn't have time to get a preloader animation in the Flash entry - so entry with their logo is a bit slow and spoilt at the moment. Site is: http://www.quipons.com, and they're based in Spain, and didn't want any translations...
    Please all have a look and get back to me.

"way too many questions"
    Originally posted by msmithdelcacho
    Hi joris

Your site is quite fast - I've tried it on different servers and browsers. Well done! Here's also some ideas I've learned whilst uploading web sites over last couple years! (Maybe not everyone agrees with my ideas..) Anyway I'd do the following:

1. Loads of web designers & webmasters are inserting a smaller Verdana font size. Personally I really prefer it. The font looks cooler when it's a bit smaller (see link below).
    2. I'd put a couple of button flags - English, French etc. in your entry. People really appreciate it. If you haven't got time to do the translations yet you can just put in the "Site Under construction" messages. It's just that loads of people who don't understand Dutch will skip your site after a few seconds.
    3. I agree with others - you can use some simple fade in/out effects, keep studying Flash etc. and make the most of its potential. However we don't have to overdo it!! Personally I prefer Flash when it's subtle and clever. It doesn't always have to jump all over the place and explode in your face!!!

Well if you've got any time (or anyone else have a look and give me feedback) can you give me some feedback on the latest site I uploaded. It has the Verdana font size I was talking about and quite a few small Flash animations (particularly please look at "Area de Influencia" link) - tried to do couple of clever things. Well look at all the flash animations if you can (viewing best on 800 x 600). It was one of those jobs where they only give us 5 days to do the job! Ermm, that's why I didn't have time to get a preloader animation in the Flash entry - so entry with their logo is a bit slow and spoilt at the moment. Site is: http://www.quipons.com, and they're based in Spain, and didn't want any translations...
    Please all have a look and get back to me.
    Hey Mike, thanks for the feedback ( looking at your site right now..)
    I am busy with the smaller verdana font ,and found out how it works. For the translation, it's not neccesary because the site is only for dutch people .

bout your site:

I don't really like the colors...sorry. The flash thingies are really good though..Maybe use some better resolution graphics as well....Didn't understand the language

overall:

change some colors
    and keep on going

I am thinking of transitions when you scroll the text..but thats all, no more fancy stuff

nette site, goed gedaan

good job...

Originally posted by JorisRotteveel

Does it load quickly?
    On my Pentium 3 850 megahertz with a DSL connection, there was no problem loading it...

How about the colors
    I loved the light green.

Do you think it's to "busy" on the site?
    Looks very good, uncluttered

-your opnion on whatsoever on the site
    Very well done, very professional.

-Does the chromeless window work ( do you know which
    versions of MI supports Chromeless windows? )
    Works for me!

Overall, great job, hope to see more of your work!

flashdevil
    Grubbel, Jorisrottteveel and Silverburst, why dont u come to dutchdevelopers.nl (see my footer), we really need more Flashers.

sweettttttttttttt
    leuke site heb je hier zeg!
    maar een ding, die chromeless window..vele mensen ( ik ook ) hebben pop-up stoppers, die all de adds enz enz stoppen, dus moets ik even mijne af doen on jou site te bezoeken.

geef ons een keuz of zo, zeg dat we in die main windows kunnen kiezen pop up of geen pop up, weet je..

site is well lekker, je hebt talent mang, doei

ij man ik heb een nog een keer bekeken , en wat ik eght van houdt is hoe je zoveel informatie over die verschillende dieren geeft, dat zie ik hier niet in america..mensen hier zijn meer bezig met design en zetten zo mininaal info

flashdevil
    This is an international forum, please reply in English (for Dutch flash-sites; flashfreaks.nl , flashen.nl etc.)

I dont mind if ya reply in Dutch, but some people think its really annoying.

Ik kan me alleen maar aansluiten

Ik kan me alleen maar aansluiten bij alles wat al gezegd is.

Heb je het logo ook zelf ontworpen? ik vind hem errug leuk namelijk.

One more comment

You should set the parameter 'menu' to 'false'
    in the html document where you've embedded your flash file. Because now you can zoom in (and stuff) and that is a bit weird!

A very nice example of the efficient use of dropdown navigation. Nice site.

My only suggestion is to provide a printable page version of the contact information popped-up in a new broswer instance (with menu!) in case your audience wanted to print the address etc. It would be difficult to do so in a chromeless window.

Completely adorable presentation!
    Everything worked fine.

One thing though; on the pages where you tabbed text over into a column, it was hard to make out where the next line belonged. Maybe use a bit smaller font size with space in between the sections.

Please...
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=298905

-Mihaela

the load speed << kicks
    the colors << kick more if possible
    crowded? << kick the thought

------------>>
    rush!
    http://www.mirage-studios.com <<-- my site
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=282553 <<-- my thread
    ------------>>

looks good to me and loads real quick on this connection but it is a big cable.
    Would like to be able to maximse the page rather than move it about,seemed pointless
    foot prints are great. would have liked more animal pics but I can be sucker for such things.
    Not sure what its for but maybe a location map for the clinics? would have been useful
    tm