A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Those Habourin' terrorists...(where did they learn to fly?)

Hi
    President bush along with his government, has sworn that he will not only hold the terrorists responsible but also any country which has haboured them (fed them clothed them etc...)
    What i don't understand is that it seems that the terrorists that carried out these horrendous crimes were "haboured" by the US. They were given flying lessons, and were allowed to stay in the US etc...
    Obviously it was not to the knowledge of the US government, but we must remember that many of these middle east countries may not know of terrorist groups acting under their nose, or just do not have the power to act against them. In that case taking action against the country may result in the same result of the WTC disaster - Innocent people paying the price.

It was very sad, but the truth is i cannot see any action that the civilised world can take against terrorism. The fact is that it is everywhere. The guy next door could be one.
    It is very sad that it has got to this stage.
    Let me know your comments.

Ash

of course, the BIG difference is (and why we're not to blame) is that we didn't know that these guys are terrorists and Americans are not generally inclide to assume that someone from middle eastern decent is a terrorist.

That's called racism. Most of us don't like it.

--
    As far as your theory that terrorism is a part of life, and that we just gotta deal with it is bull****. If i know that my next door neighbor is a terrorist, i'm gonna report him or try to take him down if I can at all. We know that bin Laden and his cohorts are in Afganistan. THe gov't there isn't giving him up. We gotta get rid of him somehow....

Originally posted by okiro

yuea figures the state i live in is stupid...hell we can't even figure out how to vote

i think it's pretty obvious which countries know they are harbouring terrorists and which countries don't know.

the world can target terrorists quite easily, we've always known where bin laden is.

i don't know, i should stay away from these threads, i don't understand why these things get brought up.

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by aversion
    i think it's pretty obvious which countries know they are harbouring terrorists and which countries don't know.
    I'd have to agree 100%. The US didn't know that these people were terrorists (and if they did...it was a big gap). The USA does not support terrorism, while some countries do. That is what is meant by harbouring the terrorsts.

Originally posted by kb1827
    Originally posted by aversion
    I'd have to agree 100%. The US didn't know that these people were terrorists (and if they did...it was a big gap). The USA does not support terrorism, while some countries do. That is what is meant by harbouring the terrorsts.

which usa?

contras, sandinistas, afghan rebels, bin laden himself

just some of the terrorists supported by the usa in the past when it suited them

surely it wasn't that usa that doesn't suppot terrorism, tell it to someone that the above groops killed the children of?
    |
    freedom fighter | terrorist
    |

just depends which side of the fence

peace and love

starchie