A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Games License Rate

Question

Anybody has an idea how much is the market rate for licensing a Flash game?

And what's in your opinion the best way of licensing a game: monthly? yearly?

Some people are interested in licensing a game I did (http://www.goldyard.net/play.htm) and I don't have an exact idea about how much I should charge...

If anyone has any information on this specific topic, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know exactly, but judging by the game, it looks like you put a fair amount of time into it. How much do you think it's worth?

If i were you, i'd try and sell the rights to the game outright. Because once one site has a game of that quality, its fairly likely you won't get another offer.

Who has done this before?

I'm interested too. Might be a nice little way of making money on the side!

Originally posted by guyincognito
    I don't know exactly, but judging by the game, it looks like you put a fair amount of time into it. How much do you think it's worth?

If i were you, i'd try and sell the rights to the game outright. Because once one site has a game of that quality, its fairly likely you won't get another offer.

Who has done this before?

I'm interested too. Might be a nice little way of making money on the side!
    I saw this site on hte net one day and thought the concept was pretty cool: It's exactly like what you are talking about.

Expressive Multi-Media

And since he is leaching off of Flashkit for the hosting of his games I don't feel so bad for letting as many people out there that I can know all about it. Check out his lic. stuff...

Hope this helps, Devon