A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: colours

resolved

hello everyone,

the colours of my flash-movie look very bad on other computers - bad saturation...
    Should I only work with websafe-colours??? 216 colours for my whole movie?????
    Is there an other safe way to design my movie with my prefered colours - exporting colourpaletts or so...?

Servus
    Tom

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    For things like background colour, or things which take up the majority of the space, it can be a good idea to use web space colours. Although in todays world, compared to a couple of years ago, the majority of people should be able to view things in high or millions of colours. Saying that even if that is sorted out, even the different browsers can display the same colours slightly differently even on the same computer.

Best advise is to try out a few designs and colour schemes on several computers, or try adjusting the settings on your own to see what it looks like. At the end of the day you can't please all of the people all of the time, so the majority will just have to do...

also watch out for mac's and laptops, laptops lighten colors and mac darken(i think, it might be lighten).