dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: barneys text effect

How did they do the text effect in Barneys?
    ( http://www.barneys.com/enter.html )
    When you move the cursor over the text a wave-effect is seen.
    Do you know a tutorial or the actionscript they used?

thx
    Michiel

Hi,
    What can I say. I don't know and also jet have not found any sites where you can download this kind of effects.
    But one can I say. It's another Joshua Davis work. Look for his work. And what I belive that they are not very kind to just give away this kind of effects. As I know by Davis is also produced CD what you can buy and from there you can got all these nifty things. Otherwise just study AS and keep hoping that at one day jou have skills to produce also something like this.

Hi again, just for accidentally I found this:
    http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Inter...94/index.shtml

If you are able to get ida how it works and to tweak around a bit AS what is included in this mc then you should have your wave effect.
    [Edited by Tautz on 09-19-2001 at 06:26 PM]

I guess I can make it, but I was hoping for a tutorial which saves time 'cause I'll probably do it wrong the first few times. Well, this way you learn...

thx

Originally posted by mgveld
    I guess I can make it, but I was hoping for a tutorial which saves time 'cause I'll probably do it wrong the first few times. Well, this way you learn...

thx
    Yeah, right you are. Self made good made. Actually I was also thinking to use this effect in my soon coming out web page. But with some more effects. Add some blur and speed and.....oh yeah..only the skills...
    But anyway good luck...
    PS. If you should rememeber would be cool if you can let me know when you have finished it. Or to work out it together maybe.